'69 COPO Chevelle vs. '87 GNX- Vote

AZMotorgod

Fun comparo of two collectables from a MT series at Lingenfelter. Light hearted and not taken too seriously, just two car guys having fun.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jU8jolmrEaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cast your vote!

Since when did "Chevy" send the GN to McClaren for the modification. This in the first couple minutes. And they should have done actual performance comparence too. That would have been interesting. Yeah....don't take it to seriously.

Performance is one category. How does it get 2 points? Chevy sent this to McLaren? Interesting.....

And after I learned that Chevy commisioned the car, I also learned that McLaren built the engine too. :wacky:

GNX a very easy decision for me to choose between the two in this case.

The COPO would probably get the nod from me if i was a chevy fan on a chevy forum.

Very cool vid. Don't really care for the 69 body style at all but I would still lean with the COPO for what it is.

Overall, yea, it's obviously I'd kick 5 kittens in the head for a GNX, but for overall performance, ease of maintenance and tuning, and raw power, the copo EASILY beats the buick. Let ONE THING go wrong on the GNX, and not only will NO MECHANIC ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET know how to fix it, but good luck finding parts. Even our pcv valves are special, and are special order only. What a headache lol.

Overall, yea, it's obviously I'd kick 5 kittens in the head for a GNX, but for overall performance, ease of maintenance and tuning, and raw power, the copo EASILY beats the buick. Let ONE THING go wrong on the GNX, and not only will NO MECHANIC ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET know how to fix it, but good luck finding parts. Even our pcv valves are special, and are special order only. What a headache lol.

Shoot, one post on this board with your location would get you a good mechanic. I personally have enough parts, and many others too, that could easily keep any tr on the road! :)

Uh oh, the "gig" is up here, because the GNX only has "245 hp".
You'd think if "this is the muscle car he wanted to find to have a muscle car episode" he'd at least get the power output right.
Sigh...