66 skylark with 340 who's got an opinion?

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Found one that needs a restore but is all there and was running when parked. All original except for the flippin dash was cut for a radio. I can get it cheap, stupid cheap. It needs both quarter lips patched, interior looks good but does show age. ALl the glass is good. It does need a driver's fender, front bumper, and maybe a hood. Floors look ok, but I couldn't get to the trunk. It has the 2 speed auto and I think the engine has to be a 340 because of aluminum heads and intake. No a/c. Bench seat. I'm thinking "project" after the we4 gets done. I'm allowed one more then thats it!

Aluminum heads came on the 300 as well. It'd be cool if you could put a Rover and turbo it for fun.

A '66 should have the 401 Nailhead in it. The 340 was only available in '67. What color is the motor?

yea, I had a 67 conv with a 340, and if I remember that was the first year you could get that motor. Great car, though turns heads everywhere.

I still say get it and put a Rover motor in and turbo it. Light and plenty of power and since the Rover is the old 215 Buick it would look right.

Musclecarclub.com - Buick Skylark - History

Pretty sure its a 340. It was the first year for it. It has the header style manifolds and is the blue/green color. Anyway, another thing is if I get it I don't know what I want to do with it. Restore it, resto-mod it, or el cheapo restore and use it for a DD. It's not like its a GS so it probably isn't worth a whole lot