6466 Turbo Talk.

you probably mentioned this elsewhere and i missed it, apologies in adv. Is the 0.85 AR housing on the Comp turbo a 3-bolt inlet and Buick compatible 4-bolt exhaust? GN1 DP with external waste gate?
Yes , 3-bolt exhaust inlet & 4-bolt outlet . The difference is the oil drain is threaded and the stock drain will not work . Mine is a -10 drain .

Did you need to use their oil restrictor/filter with it? So for the drain you used an AN fitting and then made a hose to the block?

Did you need to use their oil restrictor/filter with it? So for the drain you used an AN fitting and then made a hose to the block?
My oil feed did not change from the Turbonetics turbo that was on the car before . I had a stock style adapter to a male AN fitting with -10 hose to the block , now it's a AN fitting screwed into the turbo . The Comp turbo has a aluminum center section also .

do you understand n/t?
Or street racing?
Do you understand this is the internet?
I have given plenty of info that would be highly beneficial to those that go down this path.
I'm not going to tell you everything
It would be to long winded for you anyway😉
I race and those around me do in alot of different environments.
There is a part of me personally that thinks we wouldn't have an issue if we were all face to face.
There are plenty of things you cant read between each other on the internet.
Yeah. Info beneficial to depleting people's savings accounts based on your opinions pushing your agenda for external gates without actually giving any beneficial info to help him troubleshoot his car

Info beneficial to depleting people's saving
250$ gate 300 co2 kit,and if they already have a very expensive aftermarket computer they have the boost controller.
If not 350$ an aftermarket electronic boost controller can be had.
These are not holiday prices either so if someone is smart this stuff can be had even cheaper😉
If someone cannot afford 900 or less and that will delete their life savings they shouldnt be in the racing game
This is not a cheap hobby by any means.

For sure a problem. Thank you for sharing.
We are making a new bearing housing to accommodate the factory drain bolt pattern because the Buick application is so difficult. They will hit the market very soon. I also know Full Throttle Speed is making more drain lines.
I hope your making some serious Boost!!
Harry
For those of us with a Precision slic, would it be detrimental to run a 90* elbow off the external waste gate port to facilitate the use of an external wastegate? From what we have seen, going straight out the port, the wastegate will hit the intercooler.

For those of us with a Precision slic, would it be detrimental to run a 90* elbow off the external waste gate port to facilitate the use of an external wastegate? From what we have seen, going straight out the port, the wastegate will hit the intercooler.
They come with a block off plate if your running an external gate elsewhere

I don't see that being much of a problem because most have 90* elbow right after the wastegate and the wastegate "valve" is much larger than the stock style turbo port/puck set up . So if it is a restriction from just bolting it to the turbo , it will still be better than the stock style set up .

That's what I was thinking but I have 0 experience with the external waste gate. I tried looking at images of them to see if any had been mounted that way but didn't see any. My friend is a class A welder and could fab up an simple elbow with flanges in no sweat.

Reactions: TLI
This is pretty much what I was thinking.
1697932704625.png

That's what I was thinking but I have 0 experience with the external waste gate. I tried looking at images of them to see if any had been mounted that way but didn't see any. My friend is a class A welder and could fab up an simple elbow with flanges in no sweat.
I like the external gate right below the flange to get the flow from all the cylinders😉

250$ gate 300 co2 kit,and if they already have a very expensive aftermarket computer they have the boost controller.
If not 350$ an aftermarket electronic boost controller can be had.
These are not holiday prices either so if someone is smart this stuff can be had even cheaper😉
If someone cannot afford 900
And btw
We have a car here with the same swing arm you say doesnt work going low 9s on a 64.
no he doesnt need the boost control and the turbo cannot be run all in on an hd actuator.

or less and that will delete their life savings they shouldnt be in the racing game
This is not a cheap hobby by any means.
Ok for some reason... Maybe like you said... This is the internet, and Face to Face would probably be no issues with us. I agree with that, and pretty much every point I'm trying to make (not including the smart ass comments) has been either mistakenly misconstrued, or just ignored. Either way i apologize for hijacking this thread, and turning it in to a shit show.

And btw
We have a car here with the same swing arm you say doesnt work going low 9s on a 64.
no he doesnt need the boost control and the turbo cannot be run all in on an hd actuator.
Mr. Spool. I apologize again. I have some real questions here. Can you elaborate on the last part of this statement. The turbo cannot be run all in on an HD actuator. Is the reason because the actuator doesn't have enough spring pressure?

Read the thread
Its turbo talk
long winded to you but others appreciate all the info on the new turbos that they can benefit on which is what this thread was about.
Before you defend your boy there
He attacked me
And continues to do so.
And I gave the guy a real solution not a re angle the rod and try this solution.
Yes that is a solution. In my opinion I think he can get his current setup to work. Maybe I'm wrong, and you're right. But before that conclusion is made there are multiple things he can check to narrow the issue down to what is causing his issue.

Need help, went from 6262 bb to a 6466 bb, its on my built motor that went 9.70 with 70 gtq in 09, problem is i cant control.stop the boost...

its at 20lbs @ 40% tps according the the ecu gn ., this is gn1 alum head and intake, spools instantly, dont have external gate, just normal hd wastegate and jason cramer boost controller....

thoughts as to why i cant control the boost?
When you say I can't control boost , what exactly do you mean ?? You can't stop it from going to high ? If it's going to high , open up the turbo wastegate port , if boost is to low shorten the actuator rod and pull real tight onto the wastegate arm . If still to low get a block off plate that goes between the turbo & downpipe and bore a hole smaller than the turbo wastegate hole . I had the problem of not enough boost and this took care of the low boost problem . After I went to external , I gave this plate to another board member who had the same low boost problem and it fixed his issues also .

When you say I can't control boost , what exactly do you mean ?? You can't stop it from going to high ? If it's going to high , open up the turbo wastegate port , if boost is to low shorten the actuator rod and pull real tight onto the wastegate arm . If still to low get a block off plate that goes between the turbo & downpipe and bore a hole smaller than the turbo wastegate hole . I had the problem of not enough boost and this took care of the low boost problem . I gave this plate to another board member who had the same low boost problem and it fixed his issues also .
I brought up the oversize puck, because low boost can be a problem from the geometry change, and loss of leverage from it.

He would need to open up the turbo port to match the puck otherwise the size of the puck doesn't matter . I'm guessing that it is an over boost condition , but he didn't state how high boost was going to . Stating that it's at 20psi @40% TPS doesn't tell us much . My 6465 would be at full boost , 30psi ( which is what I selected ) at less than full throttle .