6466 or 6766

Porting refers to the internal wg hole and since you have an external gate should not have to touch a thing. I want a 67mm for my motor so I'm a biased:)

Double-L's car is one of the cleanest that I have seen for sure. I see it at the track all summer long. His SSR is just as fast and just as nice too

Thanks Jesse is working on the traction, If we had Norwalk here we wouldn't have to worry about traction

Thanks Jesse is working on the traction, If we had Norwalk here we wouldn't have to worry about traction
We finally got the traction issues fixed on my car with help from Ricky Kirkpatrick. Last time we were at Muncie on a Friday night at midnight we pulled a 1.31 60ft on 275 drag radials. Tell Jesse if he needs anything to call me. He has my number

At this point you need to talk to a vendor that sells and is hands on with those units on Buicks. Hartline comes to mind but there may be others. I sure a Garrett .63 will spool quicker but it may have a downside in the upper RPM or top half of the track.

My build is close to your build if helps any. He recommend the 6766cea ported h-cover if helps from my builder. It shure is pretty if it don't work. They tested it at b g on a stage car that run a 8.81 with my turbo. It can make the power that is for shure.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1384652775171.jpg
    1384652775171.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 257
My build is close to your build if helps any. He recommend the 6766cea ported h-cover if helps from my builder. It shure is pretty if it don't work. They tested it at b g on a stage car that run a 8.81 with my turbo. It can make the power that is for shure.

Are you saying the 6766 went 8.81, or a 6768?

6766 they just wanted to try it so I let them.

The 6466 is no joke !! I would put one on my stroker motor...don t know what my motor flows but I think that turbo is WAY under rated.

6466 spools lightning fast. In less than a second it will hit 20#'s You definitely need to port it real good though.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I'm also looking at a turbo upgrade.

As with any HP part it seems there are always differences of opinions on what turbo or any other part out there to use, refer to quotes above.

I'm looking for actual times or more in depth analysis of each turbo and it's all around performance.

I've been comparing all the turbos mentioned here in this thread and a few others as well. 6466BB, 6765BB, 6766BB,6767BB and so on.

Hunger 1 do you have any more info like track times??

Phoneguy why would you think that the 6466 is to much turbo with a stroker and H1 obviously loves his as I've read his thread and he has less of a combo than you.

My motor is close to yours H1 and I keep coming back to a 6466 and would like more input from you since you've had that turbo on your car for some time and have had time to work out any bugs if any and share some real world info experience with it.

I had a TE 63 and it was a decent turbo, a little lag but pulled like hell above 3,500 rpm.

I'm now running a TE62 in the interim until I pull the trigger on a BB turbo.

Sorry for the long post just looking for as much info to make the right decision on my next turbo.

BTW street killer with some track use is the goal and low tens with room to grow in the future when the boost is turned up into the low thirties.

Ya that's it I was thinking his was a stage car but I don't no him just know of him. It was at my builder and just wanted to test with it for the weekend so I said shure go for it I not using it right now anyway!! I don't have the knowledge to help but I had a part lol. Just let me know how it does 8.81 wow I thought. 8 sec turbo too bad I don't have a 8 sec motor!!;)

As with any HP part it seems there are always differences of opinions on what turbo or any other part out there to use, refer to quotes above.

I'm looking for actual times or more in depth analysis of each turbo and it's all around performance.

I've been comparing all the turbos mentioned here in this thread and a few others as well. 6466BB, 6765BB, 6766BB,6767BB and so on.

Phoneguy why would you think that the 6466 is to much turbo with a stroker and H1 obviously loves his as I've read his thread and he has less of a combo than you.

My motor is close to yours H1 and I keep coming back to a 6466 and would like more input from you since you've had that turbo on your car for some time and have had time to work out any bugs if any and share some real world info experience with it.

I had a TE 63 and it was a decent turbo, a little lag but pulled like hell above 3,500 rpm.

Sorry for the long post just looking for as much info to make the right decision on my next turbo.

BTW street killer with some track use is the goal and low tens with room to grow in the future when the boost is turned up into the low thirties.

I never said it was too much turbo for a stroker...re read what I said...I said that I would put one on my stroker. That turbo is overlooked by many...

Bryan

I never said it was too much turbo for a stroker...re read what I said...I said that I would put one on my stroker. That turbo is overlooked by many...

Bryan

Not by me it hasn't, the more I play with the TE62 I just put on to replace the locked up TE63 the more I like the 6466.

I've been told to go 6765/66/67 by many I've talked to.

Especially since I may go T4 tangential with external gate.

I may be wrong but I'm seeing a trend in people going with to big a turbo for what they have, and I want to only buy one turbo that will be the best one for my goals.

I don't know all I know is the 6766 is going on my little stroker. But lots of people had good luck with like the older 70s and stuff with mild engine work or possibility none and made them spool but the new billet stuff can go smaller and make more. I know u guys know a lot more than i. Just stating what I know and i seen on the 6766. Good luck.

Its been 10.22. I'm pretty sure it will be in the 9's next week. Tranny had a few issues. Was slipping and wasn't getting over 5200rpm before it would shift.