6466 or 6766

JW went 8.81 on a 67 turbo with a 109 motor...

Bryan
Yeah Bryan...JW ran a Billet67HPQ
not the 6766. The 67HPQ is a bit more then the 6466. My new stroker is a full built TSM engine for lack of comparison and I have the 67HPQ w/ .85 housing. It's a bit more turbo then my engine will need for sure. It'll make over 800 at the crank. I think the 6466 would have been perfect but I got a great deal on the 67 so I jumped on it.
If your gonna bolt on a 6466 and turn it up...you better have a damn good motor.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hit 10.22 if I remember correctly at 25-26#'s but tranny has been bad from day 1. Boost is now at 32-34 somewhere around there. But no gains due to tranny. Wednesday we will turn boost down and start over.

It is all interesting and I appreciate the info, My car runs 10.40's at 131 on a good day with 20-22 pounds of boost, My chip is burned for 24-26, I know my car will run a lot faster with the boost turned up, If I can get traction, Right now I can't so no need in turning it up, What I am really looking for is a faster boosting turbo, I had a 70 on it and drove it to Indy when they had their last Buick race and show, Driving down you could floor the car and then the boost would come on and really set you back, At the show I meet Cotton and he was telling me how good my car looked and we started talking about turbos, He told me his favorite turbo was the 66BB and he made me a great deal and put it on right there, On the way home just driving the boost coming on just touching the gas, Made a world of difference but that was a long time ago, Why I am trying to get the turbo to boost as close to the super charger I have on my 04 SSR, I know no turbo will boost that fast but I want to be able to pull in the lights and not have to start boosting coming into the lights anyway, I drive with hand controls so it is harder for me to boost the car that way, If it runs faster that is a plus, I have a few other things that need changed, I have a 2 1/2 up pipe, 3 inch down pipe, Some have said change them both, I would like a down pipe with a cut out for the track, Can't hear the car, Thinking about a fast system to, That's about it and thanks

Double L, Car is flat out hauling the mail. Maybe you should look at something to lean out the spool up tune or add more timing in that area, or both.

Its been 10.22. I'm pretty sure it will be in the 9's next week. Tranny had a few issues. Was slipping and wasn't getting over 5200rpm before it would shift.
It's been 9's around here.

Fwiw JW went 8.81/153 with a 6766. That's a 65mm turbine. Not a 68mm. These turbos support more power than the engines they are bolted to in almost all instances.

I hit 10.22 if I remember correctly at 25-26#'s but tranny has been bad from day 1. Boost is now at 32-34 somewhere around there. But no gains due to tranny. Wednesday we will turn boost down and start over.

Keep us posted on the progress that you make. I've been following all the turbo threads that have similar setups as mine so I can make an educated decision by/before spring when I do step up to the plate.

I'm very interested in your progress particularly and have had my eye on that turbo for months now.

I hope you get it all worked out and attain the goal you're after.

RZ

Hopefully on Wed, Brian will be doing a Dyno session with this current set up and the 6466... He did say the wastegate might be an issue... I am very interested to see the numbers this will put up... I just got a new T/T 6.1 116 octane/ 28psi and no alky.....

Yeah Bryan...JW ran a Billet67HPQ
not the 6766. The 67HPQ is a bit more then the 6466. My new stroker is a full built TSM engine for lack of comparison and I have the 67HPQ w/ .85 housing. It's a bit more turbo then my engine will need for sure. It'll make over 800 at the crank. I think the 6466 would have been perfect but I got a great deal on the 67 so I jumped on it.
If your gonna bolt on a 6466 and turn it up...you better have a damn good motor.

JW went 8's with both the 6766 and 6768. The 6768 was in testing only and the 6766 was at BG.
6768...8.83@150
6766...8.81@153

I new what they were rated or so on but they both can make lots of power the reason I got mine cause I got a good deal in it on sale from Cal and would be great for my combo. They both have more than I will ever use.

JW went 8's with both the 6766 and 6768. The 6768 was in testing only and the 6766 was at BG.
6768...8.83@150 Unported
6766...8.81@153 Ported

This is correct.

I learned a lot from these two turbos on my setup.. And made alot of changes that I think will push it to the 8.60s.. just hasn't been in the cards yet since BG got rained out.

Not a billet 6766...JW uses the billet 6768

I've used both.

Fwiw JW went 8.81/153 with a 6766. That's a 65mm turbine. Not a 68mm. These turbos support more power than the engines they are bolted to in almost all instances.

Agreed... I'm a believer now.

This is correct.

I learned a lot from these two turbos on my setup.. And made alot of changes that I think will push it to the 8.60s.. just hasn't been in the cards yet since BG got rained out.

I've used both.

Agreed... I'm a believer now.
Would like to come see ya sometime and take a ride in that rocket!! I got alot to learn maybe pick up a couple of things from ya!! All help very appreciated..

I would be interested on hearing what JW thought of the 6466 if he could spare a couple of minutes..... I have watched that video of him making that pass at least a dozen times, Freaking insane....

Never tried one yet... I may try the THS turbo next to see how far it will go.

So is this 6766, 65mm turbine - same or different turbine than the 6765 turbine? wondering what the difference is.

Actually found a picture and the 6766 turbine is quite a bit different eh?

So is this 6766, 65mm turbine - same or different turbine than the 6765 turbine? wondering what the difference is.

Actually found a picture and the 6766 turbine is quite a bit different eh?
The ones precision sold as 6765 use a turbonetics 65f1. The later wheel marketed as cea is their own. Both are 65mm exducer and the same radius to my knowledge. The housings are interchangeable. The compressor wheel will overrun the ex wheel in all instances when the mass flow is high enough. Something must be done to keep back pressure in check.