.63 vers. .85 Exaust Housing

thunderace31

Banned
Ok The turbo I have on my Car as told to me is TE45A with a 65 Mil. wheel making it a TE65 Now I am happy with the Turbo its push the car to 11.04 at 121.

It came with the .63 Housing on it. I have the .85 housing on the shelf and am kinda wonding what the dif. might be in performence between the 2.

But before I go out there and Pull it port the Exause hole on the .85 housing to work with my External gate I wanted to see what others think of making the change.

The car dose have a 3400-3500 Art Car N/L Stall in it also.

How much will I pick up if I change it?? Is it worth doing???

Im also considering stepping up to a CPT70 or PTE67 or PTE70GTQ

Im looking to get to the Mid-low 10's off the Transbrake :) High 10's off the foot brake for street racing :D

Thanks in advance for the info

Should gain a couple MPH, exhaust tone will change(deeper). But it will slow down spool up.
ET...? Won't know until you try.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on how much you're looking to pick up.

I gained just over a 10th and almost 2mph making the switch from a precision .63 to their .85 on my little te44

I'd switch mine for that type of gain. Plus, its like traction control on the street. How much is that housing? I have a TE-45(63mm). Thunderace... If you don't like it you can always switch back. Does your car kill the tires on the bottom end now?

I doubt it will spool much slower with your converter. It will help you on the street anyway by softening the launch if it spools a little slower. You will be picking up mph up top too. Put the .85 on and sell the .63 housing to fund some extra $ for a few gallons of VHT Trackbite:biggrin: .

I have a 45a with both exhaust housings.The 45 with .63 housing would fry the tires anywhere in 1st and 2nd--taking off at 52mph pull will spin the tires some--just have to keep control.
Swapped to the bigger housing(also fixed a major boost leak)-the car with the bigger housing felt totally different. . No worries about spinning the tires---it just kinda ramp'd up---when that happened--it pulled considerably harder in the mid to top end range.

Geoff

I'd switch mine for that type of gain. Plus, its like traction control on the street. How much is that housing? I have a TE-45(63mm). Thunderace... If you don't like it you can always switch back. Does your car kill the tires on the bottom end now?

I dont have any issues with traction now I do run a Hoosier Quicktime pro though :)

Im just looking for a little bit more out of it before I jump to a larger turbo. I have the .85 housing already so I guess Ill port it and put it on and see what I end up with another 10th would be sweet! That would put me in the 10's off the foot brake!!
Thanks for all the info guys thanks a ton! :biggrin: