6265 vs te45a

434nova

Which one of these turbos is a better choice for a low 10 high 9 sec car ? Which turbo has more potential ? I realize that a t4 style turbo would be the best choice but I am limited to a standard buick flange style turbo. I really dont want to spend 2000 on a 6466 turbo , would prefer to keep it small and run alot of boost. How does a 6765 or 6767 compare to the other turbos mentioned ? Is a te45a a 66 inducer 65 exducer ? I have read on bision good results with the 6265 and it has me wondering how it compares to my te45a. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes I have , is a 6265 the same as a 6262 ? Thanks

In the cars I have seen the turbos do the same job,good 10 sec turbo's.9's there are better choices inmo.

Id say both are pretty good turbos and "could" support 9 sec power. The 45a has been 9's. I have little doubt I could run 9's with a 6265 on the engine I used in the MFS 6265 result thread. On e85 definitely. The engine will determine the mass flow potential until the turbo is all in. When people mention they went 10.0 with x turbo at x amount of boost it really doesn't mean shit when trying to compare to another car. The engine and air quality will be different on both and the way they are getting their pressure readings will vary. You'd need to look at the manifold to ex pressure ratio to know if you really can get a little more or a lot more out of it. I've gone 137mph with an old crappy cast turbonetics 66 cast at "only" 24psi boost. Well that's all it would make is 24 psi boost so the only part means nothing unless I'm switching turbos and increasing the boost . Fwiw I had a 6466 all in on an engine tonight and it hit backpressure extremely hard over 5600rpm at 29-30psi
Here's the evidence:
enutujyg.jpg

This is with single PAC alky and 83lb/hr injectors up to about 143mph. Note duty cycle. It was 90* and humid here today. The turbo can't maintain manifold pressure as rpm increases. The turbos compressor cover is inadequate in this application most likely. Ex pressure is very high at the current mass flow. It takes about 5psi on the gate to make 1psi more manifold pressure!

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Just so I'm reading this graph right (sorry...I'm still using Powerlogger), the top line is exhaust pressure and the bottom line is manifold (boost) pressure correct?

Can use check your duty cycle with a scanmaster or do you need a data logger. Sorry to hijack this thread very interested in this compare.

Id say both are pretty good turbos and "could" support 9 sec power. The 45a has been 9's. I have little doubt I could run 9's with a 6265 on the engine I used in the MFS 6265 result thread. On e85 definitely. The engine will determine the mass flow potential until the turbo is all in. When people mention they went 10.0 with x turbo at x amount of boost it really doesn't mean shit when trying to compare to another car. The engine and air quality will be different on both and the way they are getting their pressure readings will vary. You'd need to look at the manifold to ex pressure ratio to know if you really can get a little more or a lot more out of it. I've gone 137mph with an old crappy cast turbonetics 66 cast at "only" 24psi boost. Well that's all it would make is 24 psi boost so the only part means nothing unless I'm switching turbos and increasing the boost . Fwiw I had a 6466 all in on an engine tonight and it hit backpressure extremely hard over 5600rpm at 29-30psi
Here's the evidence:
enutujyg.jpg

This is with single PAC alky and 83lb/hr injectors up to about 143mph. Note duty cycle. It was 90* and humid here today. The turbo can't maintain manifold pressure as rpm increases. The turbos compressor cover is inadequate in this application most likely. Ex pressure is very high at the current mass flow. It takes about 5psi on the gate to make 1psi more manifold pressure!

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Lol. Your definitely taxing that comp side.