-61,62,63 Turbo users

91Bird305

What do u recommend and do like ur turbo for street use and track? Also, what stall are you running? Thanks

I haven't ran my car, so I can't say anything about the difference in times.
I had a TE63, and upgraded to a 45A, and love it. I've using the AC 9' non lock up convertor, 32-3400 stall. I have just a little lag off the line but after that hold on.

David.

I also recomend the TE45A. AWSOME turbo! Do yourself a favor and get a John Craig turbo(Limit Engineering).
Ray

Te-63 with a 3200 vigilante.Spools fast enough from a roll or a stop to light the tires up.No lag.

TA62 rebuilt from Limit via Nick Micale.

3200 stall Protorque 10.5" single lockup.

Made 382HP on pump gas and alky. with 23psi. no heads or cam.

Upgraded to ball bearing turbo but the 62 is my spare, made a lot of noise on the street airwise.

Limit TA-61 is working pretty well for me. Converter is out for restall because it was too loose on high boost launch. Combo and times in sig.

PT-61 with a 2800-3000 RPM stall 10.5" ProTorque converter. It was okay but a little laggy.

I put in a 9x11 3400 stall converter over the weekend. I only have about 30 miles on it but so far it's awesome. Seems to put the turbo right in its sweet spot. It's *very* close to stock-spooling off the line. Maximum pucker factor all the time. The high stall would get a little tiresome on a daily driver but it's lots of fun.

I haven't tried a high-boost launch - hopefully it's not too loose like stangbanger's.

Jim

TE45a and CPT Art Carr 3600 stall.

When I ran my time in my sig, the car was now where near being tuned and that was done with 23 pnds of boost.

Ray