60ft questions

Super6

i am trying to get in the low 1.4 range on the 60ft. i am at 1.51 now with 10lbs off the brake. i am running 12lbs in the slicks(28x9). the car feels like it is spinning at least 3ft to 4ft out of the hole and the slicks are moving 1" everytime i launch..i know i need to fix that. it picks the front tires up on the hit off the brake about 2". i know i probably need more power but i was wondering if there is something i could do about the spinning. Rear suspension...H&R parts sway bar 2 rounds of preload on the right side, stock springs, cheap gas shocks, metco lower and upper adjustables at stock length.here my best pass on 23-24 lbs of boost and the car goes straight. thanks Bob
60ft 1.51
330ft 4.32
1/8 6.70 103.51
1000ft 8.75
1/4 10.48 at 129.19

You say cheap gas shocks, 50/50 shock up front or 90/10's??

Have you tried hitting the tires harder?? Might transfer more weight that way.

How old are the tires??

"the car feels like it is spinning at least 3ft to 4ft out of the hole and the slicks are moving 1" everytime i launch"

Feels or is spinning? What is the pinion angle? What do you mean the slicks are moving 1"?

if the slicks are moving inside the rim you need to address that right away.i would video the car so that you can really see what is happening and make adjustments based on facts not feel.i would run a wider slick for more contact patch so you can hit the tire harder when loading her up;)

"the car feels like it is spinning at least 3ft to 4ft out of the hole and the slicks are moving 1" everytime i launch"

Feels or is spinning? What is the pinion angle? What do you mean the slicks are moving 1"?

i just ordered some wheel screws to take care of the slicks moving on the rims. i will have to check the pinion angle and get back to ya'll.

the shocks are unknown...i think i see western auto on the back ones:D . the slicks are probably 4 years old but haven't been used a lot...still has plenty of rubber left by the dimples.

i would have went more boost but the slicks are spinning on the rim so i was not going to try more boost,,,,thanks for the help guys............Bob

if the slicks are moving inside the rim you need to address that right away.i would video the car so that you can really see what is happening and make adjustments based on facts not feel.i would run a wider slick for more contact patch so you can hit the tire harder when loading her up;)

i should have some video up before the week is out...it is a close up of the slicks at the launch......thanks Bob

I know people who spin the tire a 1/3 of the way around on pretty much every pass so that doesn't scare me...I look at that as just one more way you could pick up a little time, but not really hurting anything.

Have you thought about doing tubes when you screw the rims?? I only ask because my tires leak already I could only imagine what they would do with screws in them.

One day I want to do tubes and screws but the fact that tubes are almost as much as tires is a tough pill to swallow for me.

i have never ran slicks with tubes. i have never been this fast also. the screws will go into the bead on the tire so i don't think the screws will leak any air. One of my slick will stay up pretty good but one will leak down after a couple of days. i had them glued on but that isn't working.......Bob

slicks

sell the slicks to a slower guy running at the track,,, and buy a new set.... how wide is the wheels?

wheels

the slicks are on stock gn wheels..........that's two for bigger slicks....makes sense........thanks Bob

rims

what size slicks? on a 7 inch wheel you dont need no more than a 9 inch slick and thats to big.

My car does the same thing...I use 28x9 MT ET Drags...but I have mine on a 8" wheel...if I launch at more than 10lbs the tires spin for a few feet then hook...but it's killing my 60ft...usually in the mid 1.5's...sometimes in the low 1.5's if the track is hooking real good...car has the power to 60ft in the 1.4's...I've done a lot of upgrades to the rear suspension...HRParts bar...upper and lower CA's...new springs..etc...nothing really helped...next upgrade is to notch the frame and use bigger(wider) slicks.

Post videos. Sounds like the weight transfer sucks. Id get some skinny fronts and move the battery in back. Experiment with shocks. 90/10 up front woudl help a bunch. After you fix the weight transfer try 15 psi.

video

Really can't see that much but there was a guy there that had some good video of my car...on the hit it pulled the front tires a couple of inches but comes right back down..Bison i might order some shocks and try them...thanks Bob

YouTube - bobnmustang

From where I'm sitting it looks like you just didn't come out hard enough. Get your rim screws and try again.

From where I'm sitting it looks like you just didn't come out hard enough. Get your rim screws and try again.

i'm going to screw the slicks on my 8" rims and try that...if it doesn't work i will go with the shocks and 10.5" slicks...........thanks for the help...Bob

Get some light weight wheels 15''x8''w/ 4''bs 28.5''x10''s slicks and leave at 15psi. Try a set of Phoenix slicks you will love them. ;)