6.92 @ 197 mph

Thanks for the pics and the link to the video. Wow finally made it to You-tube
I sent a link to a lot e-mail contacts , yea Im proud of that!! Thanks for posting and all the kind words - except you Clint:D Mike & Lynda:cool:

Real nice job Mike you should be proud!!
Now put a set of turbos and an XFI on and go fast!;)

Real nice job Mike you should be proud!!
Now put a set of turbos and an XFI on and go fast!;)

Im going to put XFI on my VW Prostock car so Ill be getting an education about EFI. I guess Ill hold off on putting any of that junk on my dragster till somebody can beat my ars with this old school mechanical injection and locked timing!! Imagine what it might run with turbos and XFI!! :eek: I believe it has 6.50's in it as it is. Later Mike:cool:

I will have to say you were very methodical with your approach...you said you would hit 6's and you did...you told me 6.80...now you are say 6.5...lol how did your buds like the vids

I will have to say you were very methodical with your approach...you said you would hit 6's and you did...you told me 6.80...now you are say 6.5...lol how did your buds like the vids

OK let me clearify!! Given the conditions at this race I seriously doubt that that it had anything much past 6.80's in it within the next 2-3 runs. Im basically speaking of more ideal conditions 60 deg. air , 30# barometer and track temps in the 80 deg. range. For instance I did not (and was not perpared to start on a protree) I expected Rod to be in the quick 16 and want to run on a full tree. If you check the times I started off running 1.15 sixty foot times and worked my way down to 1.06 sixty foots. On a full tree where I have time to let the engine accelerate before the trans brake releases last outing I went .943 sixty foot times. If I could have laid down that .943 60' at the BPG race with no other changes at all that would have yielded a 6.80 easily!! Many other factors that I see on the racepac data show me that there was at least another .1 in the performance that you saw in that 6.92. Not trying to brag , cause Im tickled beyond what you could imagine that we finally ran in the 6 second zone!! But as most racers will do, now Im looking at what more could have been. Thanks so much for the chance to run our first 6 second pass at a Buick race!! I will never forget it!!
Thanks Mike:cool:

Luv ya Mike!! Im hoping the the GSCA will allow THS to run, if they do I would like to try and compete just to have fun and smack JD around a little.. ;)

HEY HEY HEY why do you want to smack me around!!!:eek::eek:

I'm still the slow GUY remember!!!;)

Luv you guys!!!:D:D

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS

to you Mike!!! I may bust your chops every once in a while over the injection, but it's all in fun :D You are obviously getting it done. What was the 1/8th ET?

BTW: Thank you for putting the sticker on your car. I am truly honored.

The plan is for me to drive Rocks car at the BG nationals. We hope to have the car running solidly in the mid 7 second range at that race if possible.

After seeing what was going on with Rock's car at BPG, I expect big improvements at BG when we get some real data. Good Luck this weekend. After that, get the ecu updated so we can turn things up. :tongue: I can't tell you how optimistic I am that the car is going to really fly soon.

CONGRAT'S!!!!!

forget to give you props for a GREAT JOB!!!!

Clint and Don distracted me!!!:D:D:D

CONGRAT'S!!!!!

forget to give you props for a GREAT JOB!!!!

Clint and Don distracted me!!!:D:D:D

JD , I understand completely!! There both very annoying at times:eek:
If Cruz is in your camp at BG I think big things might be in order for you. Thanks Mike:cool:

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS

to you Mike!!! I may bust your chops every once in a while over the injection, but it's all in fun :D You are obviously getting it done. What was the 1/8th ET?

BTW: Thank you for putting the sticker on your car. I am truly honored.

After seeing what was going on with Rock's car at BPG, I expect big improvements at BG when we get some real data. Good Luck this weekend. After that, get the ecu updated so we can turn things up. :tongue: I can't tell you how optimistic I am that the car is going to really fly soon.

Thanks for the kind words. Your welcome about the sticker!! We scaled Rocks car yesterday and adjusted it quite a bit. Were heading out of here in an hour and plan to get after it a bit on the first qualifing pass. If it wont drive straight then we will back it off to get down the track. Should be intresting , were shooting for a 4.90 something first pass!! Here is the ticket on my 6.92 run. Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 186
Update on outing with Rocks car. 3rd pass yielded a 1.16 - 60' but the engine is absolutly very unhappy from that point on. I think our passes were 5.53 , 5.24 & 5.14 which ended up being #2 alternate so we parked it as something is seriously wrong in the engine compartment. But this thing is gonna ROCK!! No pun intended. Cal , Rock and I both will be calling you about this. Mike:cool:

JD , I understand completely!! There both very annoying at times:eek:
If Cruz is in your camp at BG I think big things might be in order for you. Thanks Mike:cool:

WE'LL SEE!!!!!

Was great to see you and Mrs.,the family should be with me at B/G in Oct.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

thanks JD

Started PM on my engine today as something just didnt seem or sound right at the BPG race when it was on the starter it had a slight skip. When it backfired on the first pass it must have broken the side out of the bearing on the #6 intake rocker. It had about .100 lash insted of .010 I set them at. That had to be hurting it a bit!! Maybe it had a bit more in it than I thought! Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 78
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 91