6.92 @ 197 mph

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Congratulations to Mike & Linda Booher (OHIO MIKE & LINDA) for what may be one of the fastest if not the fastest time ever logged by a V6 Buick powered car.They ran the above et at the BPG nationals today.

Galina/Freeman went 200 mph I believe but that was a TT. Any video of the pass?

was actually a 6.925 @ 194.42... believe 60' was a 1.02 Mike had told me on the QT that he knew he could get into the 6's and after that pass he might have a little more...his only grudge Race against Rod Hendrickson was awesome on Saturday Night a 7.071 @ 176.64 to Rods 7.266 @ 188.95 I do have pics of the times and ET's will post them later...Hats off to Both Rod and Mike for making this event memorable..Mike and Linda and crew as well as Rod Danie and crew gave the BPG attendees a great show...a second kudos to Mike running double duty driving Jim Rocks car and then jumping in his rail...unfortunately Rod snapped his oil pump drive belt in Q16 Eliminations and his day was done...he was upset..but he thinks there were no internal damage as the car still cranks over..as I think the next two races would be awesome...again hats off to Mike and Rod for putting on a great show and all the effort they put in to make the attendees happy

the lane that Mike made his best pass was the same lane that Tony Schumacher ran his best pass

Top Fuel: Record Name Year
ET: 4.476 Tony Schumacher 2006

Super to see you getting a handle on the tuneup, Mike. Lots of passes and no breakage that I heard about. Sure was fun to watch!

Super to see you getting a handle on the tuneup, Mike. Lots of passes and no breakage that I heard about. Sure was fun to watch!

Thanks!! The first pass ended at about 300' with a big boom (burst panel) and I was more than discussted!! After downloading the racepac info I only had 11 pounds of fuel pressure. Found that the 3-way valve at fuel pump was 1/2 open. This was caused by the cable bracket that controls it was bent out of adjustment. Checked out the engine and everything seemed OK with it so we started very slowly with a very rich tuneup and kept leaning on it a bit more every pass. Ended up making 7 passes. On the 6 pass the parachute popped out of the bag at about 300' and opened up about 500', which scared me as I thought that I must have spun a bearing because it sounded good but suddenly nosed over. That problem ended up being that the aluminum plate inside the bag bent backwards, which shortened up the cable and pulled it out of the loop. I need to permanetly fix both items.
If the chute hadnt come out on the 6 run that would have been that 6.92 and we could have tuned it up from there. Im confident that it would have went 6.82 if I would have made another pass. All in all it was a great weekend for us as I also was driving Jim Rocks car and we got it in the 7.90's

BIG THANKS to the BPG for inviting us!! We had a wonderfull time and were treated very well!! Special thanks to Sean!! Mike:cool:

Thanks!! The first pass ended at about 300' with a big boom (burst panel) and I was more than discussted!! After downloading the racepac info I only had 11 pounds of fuel pressure. Found that the 3-way valve at fuel pump was 1/2 open. This was caused by the cable bracket that controls it was bent out of adjustment. Checked out the engine and everything seemed OK with it so we started very slowly with a very rich tuneup and kept leaning on it a bit more every pass. Ended up making 7 passes. On the 6 pass the parachute popped out of the bag at about 300' and opened up about 500', which scared me as I thought that I must have spun a bearing because it sounded good but suddenly nosed over. That problem ended up being that the aluminum plate inside the bag bent backwards, which shortened up the cable and pulled it out of the loop. I need to permanetly fix both items.
If the chute hadnt come out on the 6 run that would have been that 6.92 and we could have tuned it up from there. Im confident that it would have went 6.82 if I would have made another pass. All in all it was a great weekend for us as I also was driving Jim Rocks car and we got it in the 7.90's

BIG THANKS to the BPG for inviting us!! We had a wonderfull time and were treated very well!! Special thanks to Sean!! Mike:cool:

Damn Mike even a broken clock can be right at least ONCE per day...:biggrin: Why you bragging so much?? LOL!!

Damn Mike even a broken clock can be right at least ONCE per day...:biggrin: Why you bragging so much?? LOL!!

Ok if that came across as bragging Im sorry!! I was accussed of sand bagging so many times that Im gun shy!! The first run against Rod when it went the 7.07 was the first EVER run that it has made it to the 1/4 mile finish line under full power. And I was scared to death that it wouldnt make it:eek:. After looking at that data I made a few small adjustments for the next day. Conditions were much worse on Sunday and it still picked up over a tenth of a second. Easy to see from the data that there was more in it , and thats where that bragging came from. Good to hear from you Clint!! Are you going to make Bowling Green?? Looking forward to seeing you there!! Mike:cool:

Mike even though the chute came out just after 1/8th you still ran a 8.90...with chute fully deployed....I heard a rumor that Jim Rock packed the chute...lol

Ok if that came across as bragging Im sorry!! I was accussed of sand bagging so many times that Im gun shy!! The first run against Rod when it went the 7.07 was the first EVER run that it has made it to the 1/4 mile finish line under full power. And I was scared to death that it wouldnt make it:eek:. After looking at that data I made a few small adjustments for the next day. Conditions were much worse on Sunday and it still picked up over a tenth of a second. Easy to see from the data that there was more in it , and thats where that bragging came from. Good to hear from you Clint!! Are you going to make Bowling Green?? Looking forward to seeing you there!! Mike:cool:

Luv ya Mike!! Im hoping the the GSCA will allow THS to run, if they do I would like to try and compete just to have fun and smack JD around a little.. ;)

Mike that was an awesome run! I was helping Rod and Danie and really was impressed with your car! The pass against Rod's car on the starting line was simply awesome with the RPMS maxing out! Hope to see you at BG and come back to Columbus next year! You really drove Rocks car well as normally that thing skates all over the lanes! A job well done!;)

Mike that was an awesome run! I was helping Rod and Danie and really was impressed with your car! The pass against Rod's car on the starting line was simply awesome with the RPMS maxing out! Hope to see you at BG and come back to Columbus next year! You really drove Rocks car well as normally that thing skates all over the lanes! A job well done!;)

Thanks I appreciate the kind words. I was impressed with Rods car with the new TA block , quite frankly after getting there I thought maybe I had bitten off more than I could chew. Good thing for me that he didnt have more runs on that combo cause its gonna be bad!! As far as Rocks car were up against several problems with it but making some progress with it. Im getting fairly comfortable with driving a turbo car and were taking it to a Quick 8 race this weekend in Cincinnati. Putting it on the scales with me in it tomorrow to fix the balance problem it seems to have. Hopefully we will get it going straight on both the burnout and a harder leave. Shooting for mid 7 second passes by BG. Keep your fingers crossed for us!! Mike:cool:

hey mike...7's on Jims or your rail....also thanks for the kind words as you know the BPG does its best to make sure that everyone is happy and welcome...I would do it all again next week,,,,,if my wife would let me lol...

hey mike...7's on Jims or your rail....also thanks for the kind words as you know the BPG does its best to make sure that everyone is happy and welcome...I would do it all again next week,,,,,if my wife would let me lol...

Sean, The plan is for me to drive Rocks car at the BG nationals. We hope to have the car running solidly in the mid 7 second range at that race if possible. Personally and I think I also speak for Rock , we would like to be at least the number 2 qualifier!! Really cant imagine having anything for the Gallina car but who knows:eek:.

At this point I dont believe I will take my dragster. The GSCA really hasnt been as open to my attendence. Both the TB.com nationals & the BPG were very welcoming and I surely apperciate both for that!! If they dont want me at BG , then the fastest Buick car on the planet , will just rest at home!! Mike:(

well as I told you...there are some changes coming...the frantic four seems to be the way to go...new class...Buick Powered...no Buick body...that will open up the field...again really glad you got your best run/s at BPG and will try to get a bigger pot in 2011...again you are more than welcome at BPG events...glad you had fun as that is what it is really about,,,:D

well as I told you...there are some changes coming...the frantic four seems to be the way to go...new class...Buick Powered...no Buick body...that will open up the field...again really glad you got your best run/s at BPG and will try to get a bigger pot in 2011...again you are more than welcome at BPG events...glad you had fun as that is what it is really about,,,:D

Truely had a great time!! Wish Rod was able to put forth his best effort , he was defenetly about to lay down some big numbers!! Thanks so much for inviting us!! We would love to come back and defend the the title!! Thanks again Mike & Lynda Booher:cool:

A picture speaks a 1000 words

Attachments

• BPG 2010 034.jpg
    BPG 2010 034.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 278