5858 low boost issue

Attachments

• 1438137130296.jpg
    1438137130296.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 115
Steve suggested today that I measure how long the arm is on the wastegate assembly where the actuator connects to, and compare it to my GN downpipe. Turns out they are exactly the same, but on the inside the center of the oversize puck is .2" farther. That gives way more leverage to the pressure side. Hopefully we're on to something here.

Last edited:
That's a 16 blade, should be stalling more then 2800

The converter seems to be working really well. About 7% slip up top. On the line I can build 20+ psi off the footbrake.

You shouldnt be able to get 20psi just off the foot brake with a matched converter. I'm running a 17 blade and a large turbo. It may be because the combo of billet wheel and e85 tho. I would try the bigger housing if you have it on the bench. Otherwise I personally would upgrade to a bigger turbo.

I think we'll have it fixed by adjusting the geometry of the pivot assembly, give the puck less leverage and give the waste gate canister more leverage. You can probably send the new turbine housing back to PTE. Will wait and see.

You shouldnt be able to get 20psi just off the foot brake with a matched converter. I'm running a 17 blade and a large turbo. It may be because the combo of billet wheel and e85 tho. I would try the bigger housing if you have it on the bench. Otherwise I personally would upgrade to a bigger turbo.
5858 for life!

Air test gauge-$10.99, Teflon tape-$.99, 3/4" pvc close nipple(Threaded nipple)-$.43, 3" X 1-1/2" flex coupling-$4.19, 1-1/2" flush bushing-$1.29