5.73@122.1 DRW/Buick new best.

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
I managed to squeeze out 32 psi (not steady and dropping with rpm) and came up with a new best for the car.

5.73@122.1 1/8 mile.

Using some tried and true math, that translates to a:

8.95@152.5 1/4 mile.

Not bad for an old T76.

How the heck are you getting a 1.28 60' on stock suspension????????????COngrats

Surprises the hell out of me too. The only difference from stock is the upper control arm mounting location on the Moser 12 bolt housing. It is one inch higher.

:D :D :D That's more like it! What turbo is next Don?? I'd like to see the video of that 60ft!

Scott Wile

:D :D :D That's more like it! What turbo is next Don?? I'd like to see the video of that 60ft!

Scott Wile
Don't have a video of that one. For the next turbo, it's a toss up. GT478818R, or a S480, or stick with the T76 and do the Scott thing. I'm just not completely happy with using more nos per pass. The consumption part of it.

Don't have a video of that one. For the next turbo, it's a toss up. GT478818R, or a S480, or stick with the T76 and do the Scott thing. I'm just not completely happy with using more nos per pass. The consumption part of it.

How about the new "boosted" turbos from PTE? What happened with the intake temp situation? I was curious to find out if running the pump throughout the run helped?

Scott Wile

New turbos again? Jeez. Ya blink and your shtuffs outdated. I really didn't see anything big with running the pump. I do think I need to increase the tank capacity for the intercooler. I'm only running a one gallon cell. I did notice that it cools down the intercooler a lot faster if I run it in the pits. I obviously have some work to do on the intercooler system.

How's the truck doing?

Would rather not hijack your post, but... just got it back and everything is good. New "jungle gym" interior:biggrin: , shiny new (7.50) sticker, investment in lots of emery cloth, and a spent tax return!, :eek: Possible return to the track in April. Thought I might be ready by 3/22 but not going to make it ( gotta re-wire entire vehicle). If you need any help that day (3/22) lemme know, I will be attending.

Scott Wile

The car's pretty self sufficient now. Not much going on in my pit area. You're more than welcome to stop by and hang out if you want. Good to hear the truck is back. Haven't been able to find any info on the 'boosted' turbos.

I've got to pull the front end of the engine apart to fix a pesty oil leak. I'm going to be doing some fab things then. One of them will be a boss for a bp gauge. I'll let you know what I find.

Just for the record, my official guess for the exhaust bp number is going to be 25 psi at an intake pressure of 31 psi. Anyone else care to put in their guess?

Boost231, any latest tricks to your car?

Thats flying on a old school 76. Im not sold on the BW turbos just yet. For going super fast a 47-88 would be the move to make. Or use a 42-76 which would not add much , if any extra spool up time.

Just for the record, my official guess for the exhaust bp number is going to be 25 psi at an intake pressure of 31 psi. Anyone else care to put in their guess?

Boost231, any latest tricks to your car?

I'll guess about 38 psi.

nope nothing new with mine. it currently at the body shop getting the quarter fixed and getting a few light weight parts.