455 Turbo?

for a motor that size i would run either twin 72s for instant power of maybe a set of 76s. now if looking at a single i would look at a 94mm

find compressor maps for larger turbos and look for a airflow map for a 455. I spec'd those turbo sizes from dealing with the LS motors and for a 454 lsx you would run a 94mm if you wanted a street warrior. if you wanted a track monster a 101-106mm would serve well.

The factory block will never hold, the main webbings will come out the bottom. An aftermarket block will be fine. The GM block like it is will hold 550 hp reliably. With a girdle, halo, and half-fill of concrete, maybe 700-750 hp.

that sucks that block is weak as you speak of. Im glad GM finally built blocks to handle power these days

How much power are you looking to make is the more important question. Like has been mentioned, the factory block will never hold the 1700hp a 94mm is capable of producing. If your looking for 650hp for example, you could get away with a 76 q trim with a large a/r. Looking at a map, it's on the small side but in reality it could be plenty for your goals.

The factory block will never hold, the main webbings will come out the bottom. An aftermarket block will be fine. The GM block like it is will hold 550 hp reliably. With a girdle, halo, and half-fill of concrete, maybe 700-750 hp.

Scott pretty much has it. 455 is a good motor up to about 500 hp with just know what you are doing on the build. After that you need to start doing some serious mods. This motor was never intended to put out the HP it is capable of. They were designed for big torque, light weight and turn no more than 4500 rpm.

Mine pushes about 450 right now. I am working on adding a d-1 procharger and doing about 5 psi boost. This should put me in the 600 hp area. The details really kill on taking an older car to this level. So far this is what I am looking at for doing this. This is just for stuff I do not have so far.
New fuel system $800
Ignition up grades $300 (boost reard box, new wires, may need new distributor)
Postons girdled oil pan $750
Upgrade carb $300
Upgrade rear axle $500

To support the lower end you can do the Postons pan, PAE's halo or TA's girdle. Anything over 750 hp and you will be spending a lot of money.

will make more power then you guys do with stock block!!!

and your asking to use a pig block and talkin fast hahahah :) :)

Aluminum BBB from TA

Something you may want to consider, if money is no object, TA Performance is now offering aluminum big blocks. Possible 700 cu in. depending on bore and stroke. Blocks can handle 2,000 plus hp.