4" MAF sensor/ MAF pipe

What about your average Joe running a Translator and a TR parts cold air setup?Or do i have to axe the cold air to run this 4" pipe?Work the bugs outa that?I'd like to buy one instead of relocating my maf....

Got my 4" MAF pipe, Translator, harness, IAC relocator and filter today.
Top-shelf parts and incredible service!
Mike and his crew are awesome.

I can't wait to get all of it installed.
Talk about ZERO restriction.
The 4" makes my old set-up (3" chrome with stock MAF and 14" cone) look like my turbo was trying to breathe through a coffee straw! :)

Got my 4" MAF pipe, Translator, harness, IAC relocator and filter today.
Top-shelf parts and incredible service!
Mike and his crew are awesome.

I can't wait to get all of it installed.
Talk about ZERO restriction.
The 4" makes my old set-up (3" chrome with stock MAF and 14" cone) look like my turbo was trying to breathe through a coffee straw! :)

*foaming at the mouth* piicccccssssss

Haha, seriously, some pics would be awesome

I will get some pics the moment I get it installed.

A performance/driveability report will also be posted immediately thereafter as well.

The newest version of the Translator chip is on it's way (maybe arrive today?) so I'll wait to get it installed before doing the driving report.

Yes I bought it @ the Nationals. My car did not like it so its in the garage on the shelf. I went back to my maf meter "85 MM Z06". I think the may pipe actually uses a MAF "probe" from something along the lines of the Duramax Diesel motor as it is identical to the one in my truck.. I was on the second revised chip for my Translator and car would not idle right. Good luck with yours though!

I understand.

I have the latest version of the Translator software on the way: Version 6.25
Eric at Turbo Tweak told me it should work much better than previous versions with the 4" system.

I understand.

I have the latest version of the Translator software on the way: Version 6.25
Eric at Turbo Tweak told me it should work much better than previous versions with the 4" system.

It does, I have the 4" pipe with sensor also. I would put pics up if I knew how, it's a very clean/nasty setup.

PS: I have a short length of black 4" flex hose going from mine to a 12" K&N filter behind the head light (no flow restrictions here).

Pics at last! But does it run?

Hey folks,

Well, I got it installed.

A couple points of interest:
1. In my particular application, I had to lengthen the Intake Air Temp. sensor wires about 6".
2. Installing an IAC relocator is a VERY good idea. I'd almost call it a must-do. Otherwise, that 4" tube is rubbing-on/resting-against the IAC wiring and plug.

Does it run?
Boost comes on RIGHT NOW!
BUT.....it's running really bad.
Let's just say I'll wait for the 6.25 configuration to arrive before posting anything.
The car is not at all happy with the 6.24 configuration that's in there right now.

Check out the pics!
It's a monster for sure.

Attachments

• Big intake.jpg
    Big intake.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Big intake pass side.jpg
    Big intake pass side.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 159
Now if it would only run right. :(
The 6.25 update didn't arrive today in the mail.
OH well....guess the car's out of commission until Monday's mail delivery.

it does look very nice...

im considering switching to this setup after the bugs are worked out.. " i know if Bob's doing it it will be worked out and work flawless like his other products"

But until then ive had nice results with my RJC 4inch pipe with a z06 maf, and a regular translator

Your present set-up was my original set-up Phil I went back to that and the car overall runs better! You would think with such a new product you would here more feed back from people. Especially the ones putting it out! I think the built in air sensor in the maf throws off the ecm some what as far as idling. But thats just my opinion.

Add me to the growing list :mad: My car will not idle worth crap. I was so pissed I stopped working on the car and went inside the house. I am about to put my old set-up back on the car tomorrow so that I can at least move it. She looks good with the 4" MAF pipe sitting there in the driveway though.