4.3l ?

smoove mood

Oh Baby I Like It Raw
I would like to start putting together an engine be for my car tells me i have to. i was looking through the parts section on craigslist and there's an 1981 Buick Regal said to have a 4.3L V6. i was wondering if it would be an functional replacement for my 3.8L turbo block.

I would like to start putting together an engine be for my car tells me i have to. i was looking through the parts section on craigslist and there's an 1981 Buick Regal said to have a 4.3L V6. i was wondering if it would be an functional replacement for my 3.8L turbo block.

Pretty sure it should read "4.1" as the 4.3 is a Chebby mill.

I think the diesel option was a 4.3? I don't remember though I have only ever seen one. And I think it was an 82:confused:

4.3L was both a Diesel and a "Cheby". lol If it has a distributor and it's in the front of the engine you're ok. If it's in the rear it's a chevy, and if it doesn't have one it's a diesel.

I'd call because who ever has it listed doesn't know what the heck they have.
Neither the 4.3 gas Chevy or the 4.3 Olds diesel or the 4.1 Buick was offered in an 81 Regal or any G-Body for that matter. Those all started in 1982.

Now maybe, just maybe this car has the Pontiac 265 V-8 under the hood. 265 cubes equals 4.3 liters.:smile:

Believe it or not. As hard as it is to believe this Poncho 265 Wheezer was the only V-8 option for a Regal in 1981 unless you needed more grunt. In that case you could have always checked off the 350 Diesel option. Damn hard to believe that Buick wasted the time and money on those two options when just the base 231/2V made more horsepower than either one of them.:rolleyes:

Thanks Eric, I'd completely forgotten about that little piece of crap engine. You may be completely right on that.