4.1L rebuildable, reman'd heads, camshafts

joedirtmcd3

I'm located in Central PA, Harrisburg, PA - 17110

Ok so I have a 4.1L v6 from a Riviera I think it was, ill go see if I can find the casting number right now. Found it even though it's buried under the corvette's hardtop. 25506484 - 14 bolt oil pain. more info on this casting here: Buick V6 Engine Block Guide

The story about this block is it was purchased from a salvaged yard in late 2005 or early 2006 and it came out of an 81 Buick. Was a good motor to bolt in and go, which they guaranteed for 30 days. It was purchased to replace a reman'd longblock that had spun a bearing after less than 500 miles, due to loss of oil pressure. So when I swapped over the necessary parts to this motor, the notched oil pan I was using did not clear the number one rod cap bolts. Of course I didn't realize this 'til after I had everything together and fired up the motor. Being young and dumb I ignored this and drove up the road... Luckily for this motor the trans (th200) gave out about a mile away. But the tapping on the oil pan was enough to loosen up the number one rod bearing. This motor has been stored in my garage since with the plan to build it up at some point which I now doubt will ever come. I have the pistons and rods and bearings from the reman'd block that are very low miles and had a spun no. 6 rod bearing, as well as the ones in this block.

So list of for sale items:
1981 Buick 4.1L v6 block, crank, rods and pistons, timing cover, also with pistons and rods from other engine, oem camshaft
1981 4.1 stock heads, dirty from sitting in salvage yard for hwoever many years, need redone
reman'd 4.1 heads with very low miles
Edelbrock camshaft
Edelbrock intake manifold

I can be reached at 717-805-1219
Thanks,
Joe

got some pictures and posted them to my photobucket account:
These are the reman'd heads that were getting cleaned up to be ported and repainted, never got around to it...
P3120001.jpg

P3120002.jpg

P3120005.jpg

Here is the block stored on a wood and foam piece under some stuff: (Oh and the dirty salvage yard heads are next to it)
P3120010.jpg

Some oil pans:
P3120011.jpg

Edelbrock carb'd intake manifold
P3120015.jpg

P3120016.jpg

and the link to the photobucket album
for sale pictures by joedirtmcd3 - Photobucket

Will this engine bolt right in place of a 3.8?

Are these engines good to hot rod? Can they take some abuse?

What is the bore size & stroke?

Sorry for me being ignorant.
Bump for the sale anyways.:cool:

yes these motors supposedly have the same external dimensions as the 3.8, at least concerning the mounting locations. So yes it bolts into the same motor mount locations.

I believe these are the standard 4.1L specs:
3.965” bore
3.4” stroke
I think they have the same stroke as the 3.8s but have a larger bore.

Yes these blocks are tough, I read on one article that they can withstand 500hp on stock internals. I don't know this from personal experience though.

More pictures. looks like this block's pistons are marked "20". as for pricing I would take $150 for the block and spare hyper pistons and rods.
P3150009.jpg

P3150012.jpg

P3150021.jpg

P3150020.jpg

spare h471p pitsons .040 over
P3150015.jpg

P3150017.jpg