bluettype

what is needed to put a 4.1 in an 87 ttype, such as oil lines to and from turbo and what heads?

SpeedPro HP471 Sterling pistons or better(forged), tapped for oil drain back, a rebalanced of rotating assembly, 3.8 balancer w/ interupter ring heads of your choice. I'm currently in the process of doing the turbobuickS,com 4.1 budget build up.

SpeedPro HP471 Sterling pistons or better(forged), tapped for oil drain back, a rebalanced of rotating assembly, 3.8 balancer w/ interupter ring heads of your choice. I'm currently in the process of doing the turbobuickS,com 4.1 budget build up.

Yep, what he said!

I'm running a "budget 4.1" 4.1 in mine now (search turbobuicks.com for more info). The increase in torque is REALLY nice. The turbo spools much faster than with the 3.8.

10.84 on 21psi and pump gas & spraying meth. :)

I used a turbo crank and rods out of a "109" block. The pistons are .030 over Hypereutectics. The balancer and flywheel were balanced along with the rest of the assembly.

No billet main caps or girdle... just ARP main studs and ARP rod bolts.

what crank and rods do you use?

You also can use the crank and rods from the 4.1 as they are the same as what the turbo engines got. Using the 4.1 crank will actualy require a little less weight removal from the lobes of the crank as they are just a touch heavier.