4.1 Pan with Baffle

Quietman

I am building a 4.1 project with a 291 casting from an 83 regal. The pan has no baffle. What vehicle year/model is likely to have a 14 bolt pan with a baffle? Thanks

Is there any difference between your 83 block, and the 25506484?

Some say the deck maybe a little thicker on the 291. I have two setting side by side and can see no difference. According to the GN/T-type board the 484 block has a revised/better oiling passages in the block.

I am building a 4.1 project with a 291 casting from an 83 regal. The pan has no baffle. What vehicle year/model is likely to have a 14 bolt pan with a baffle? Thanks

There's a templet floating around some where on one of the boards, you could make a baffle your stock pan.

This engine will not have extreme mods. Dutweiller neck, ported heads, intake, 62 mm throttle body, Full Throttle MAF electronics, 3" DP etc. Does any one know where to find the template for the baffle? Can a baffle be taken out of a 20 bolt pan with minimal modification? Will also keep an eye out for a hot air pan. Thanks to everyone for your help!

getchasum, what are your plans, mods wise, to this engine?

On the current one I have going together, I'm following the turbobuick.S budget 4.1 build. I'm thinking of putting a good set of heads on it though.

I'm wanting to do a stroked one soon with all good parts.