4.1 block std bore 350.00

Question: If steel caps aren't included, assuming it was line bored to fit them in the first place, wouldn't it need to be line bored again to match the original center caps?

Reason: It would solve a lot of problems for me to be able to buy this with steel caps already fitted & installed. (And I'm in Ohio)

Question: If steel caps aren't included, assuming it was line bored to fit them in the first place, wouldn't it need to be line bored again to match the original center caps?

Reason: It would solve a lot of problems for me to be able to buy this with steel caps already fitted & installed. (And I'm in Ohio)[/QUOill

I have to check if it has caps but yes whatever caps are used it needs line bored.The picture was taken a whole ago I will looks this weekend Stored in my back heated garage and need to dig it up .I am selling off some spare stuff i know ill never get to project wise

let me know if it has stock caps or not .. if it has the stock caps.. why would it need a line bore ? .... or has it been lined bored already with the steel caps ... if so are those available with the block ?

let me know if it has stock caps or not .. if it has the stock caps.. why would it need a line bore ? .... or has it been lined bored already with the steel caps ... if so are those available with the block ?
I would never assemble a block without a linebore.
i wouldnt roll the dice that the caps that came on a 30 year old block were the originals
And i dont even know if the caps are there other then the rear i know was on it ill have to look

Last edited:
I would never assemble a block without a linebore.
i wouldnt roll the dice that the caps that came on a 30 year old block wore the originals
And i dont even know if the caps are there other then the rear i know was on it ill have to look

So was it lined honed with the steel caps .. and if so are those available with the block ?

So was it lined honed with the steel caps .. and if so are those available with the block ?
i have no idea i bought the block along with many parts.this is what i got what im selling no caps came with the purchase .i will try to find out but dont think any machine work was done at all .the project went LS before he even was done collecting parts

i have no idea i bought the block along with many parts.this is what i got what im selling no caps came with the purchase .i will try to find out but dont think any machine work was done at all .the project went LS before he even was done collecting parts

So essentially its a unknown block.. with unknown condition.. with no caps ??

That picture is not of a 14 bolt 4.1 block .
That picture is of a 20 bolt 3.8 109 block.

The title says standard bore, which is 3.965. The caption under the photo said 4" bore? As info, UPS will ship a bare block ground on a small pallot for around $110.00. The block is under their 150 lb max weight.