3rd gen f-body sway bars

"More Boost"

Major Member
just to clarify something, is a 3rd gen. f-body front sway bar a bolt on option for our cars? same width etc.? how about a rear bar off same car? i know rear bars have different ends. but, wanted to know if anyone has done this?
please

yes.. its a bolt on, the popular is the 34/36mm because they are hollow (lighter)

yes.. its a bolt on, the popular is the 34/36mm because they are hollow (lighter)

The front will fit but the rear won't. I have one off a 3rd gen here and was trying to figure out how to make it work but the ends are weird. If you want a simplier solution get the rear off a last gen Blazer 2WD and it should fit with some minor mods to it.:biggrin:

i did the 36 on the front, love it. it really tightened the front up. but i'd like to try the 34mm , just because the 36 is so big. it took a long time to install.

The front will fit but the rear won't. I have one off a 3rd gen here and was trying to figure out how to make it work but the ends are weird. If you want a simplier solution get the rear off a last gen Blazer 2WD and it should fit with some minor mods to it.:biggrin:

2door there Charlie. ;)

Hey 413turbo,

Are you saying that you still want to try the 34mm? If the 36mm is already installed, why?

I have a 36mm, haven't tried installing it, yet. So I'm curious. The junkyard where I got my 36mm still has a 34mm.

"but i'd like to try the 34mm , just because the 36 is so big. it took a long time to install."

just for kicks and giggles, yes- i'd try the 34 next time. i wonder the handling between the 2, the 36 made a BIG difference that i could feel. but it is a tight fit.

There are 2 of them and the smaller one is the same as the GM metric chasis. The bar will react better so it acts like a bigger bar even though it's the same size. If you can find the bigger one it will work even better.

I forgot to add that the one off a 4 door with the towing package is the best one.