#359 all cleaned up

to each their own......

I bought my cars for fun, and investment, I do drive them, I do enjoy them, being a limited production, and not every jerk can afford/ maintain one,thats what makes them so unique.
my kids will find there own collectables, not what I fell they should collect.
I have my 57 chevy, that I've had for over 25yrs, now they are building steel reproductions!! does that bother me? heck no, I'm flattered that I had the forsight( good luck) to have pruchased one when they were reasonable.
same with my GNX,GN,WE4,T Type, I bought when they were (what I concidered) affordable.
Sorry if you think your being ripped off, or driven out of the market,
but thats life, hope you realize that you cannot have everything your heart desires, we all have to make some concessions.
No hard feelings! but I'm glad the market has finally realized that Hemi's are not the only collectable !!!!! LOL:D

First of all, I live in Houston and it would be dream to see the car. Second, I completly agree this car should never be driven and is museum piece. However, and this is from my GTO club experience, a car should not be restored into a trailer queen for car shows and never driven. They've already had miles put on them, there's no loss. This car has been preserved for 20 years and it would be crime to waste that.

I use to go to the GTO Nationals in various locations and the Buick Nationals in BG damn near every year and the Buick meet was always so much better because there would be GSX's with frame off restorations doing laps down the quarter, and that is the spirit of these cars. Not to be trailer queens. GTO people are ridiculous with the show factor, and could never imagine running a lap. That's sad.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm new here. Why should this particular car not be driven ?
Looks nice by the way.

I'm new here. Why should this particular car not be driven ?
Looks nice by the way.

Because it has under 10 miles (magical number) on it after 20 years. Museum piece. It's ironic you responded while my jaw was on the desk reading your thread about your find. Sign me up for GNX with 40,000 miles. I'm sold.

However, I must say you should verify everything completley, because if what you say is true, it's probably the greatest find in Buick History. One for the magizine. I'm talking primarly about the 7 mile GNX and the oddity of 3 plus a racecar puts it over the top.

PM me your contact information and we'll talk.

The Miller car is not a race car. I'm not sure what it is ! I can not find a way to upload pictures . I guess I have to post the pictures elsewhere and then link to them ? I do not see how to PM you either.

First of all, I live in Houston and it would be dream to see the car. Second, I completly agree this car should never be driven and is museum piece. However, and this is from my GTO club experience, a car should not be restored into a trailer queen for car shows and never driven. They've already had miles put on them, there's no loss. This car has been preserved for 20 years and it would be crime to waste that.

I use to go to the GTO Nationals in various locations and the Buick Nationals in BG damn near every year and the Buick meet was always so much better because there would be GSX's with frame off restorations doing laps down the quarter, and that is the spirit of these cars. Not to be trailer queens. GTO people are ridiculous with the show factor, and could never imagine running a lap. That's sad.

Just my 2 cents.

As an owner of a trailer queen or two, I find it sad when the people who prefer driving their cars put down people who prefer to show rather than driving them on a track.

Personally, I like seeing people who will drive them on a regular basis and appreciate their love for the car, and in most cases enjoy talking cars with them, but when these people cannot appreciate all the sweat and dollars that went into restoring a car back to original pristine condition as a show piece get put down like you just did, it make me feel sad for people like yourself who only can appreciate their side of the tracks.

Just my 3 cents.

As an owner of a trailer queen or two, I find it sad when the people who prefer driving their cars put down people who prefer to show rather than driving them on a track.

Personally, I like seeing people who will drive them on a regular basis and appreciate their love for the car, and in most cases enjoy talking cars with them, but when these people cannot appreciate all the sweat and dollars that went into restoring a car back to original pristine condition as a show piece get put down like you just did, it make me feel sad for people like yourself who only can appreciate their side of the tracks.

Just my 3 cents.

Well, enlighten me. I can't fathom how after all your sweat and dollars you wouldn't want to drive the car. That's what I see as the true pleasure in owning a beautiful collector car, is driving it. I can't understand the draw to do so much work for something you look at, when it could be so much more i.e. something you drive. I have a whole display in my office of model cars I love to look at, and of course would love to drive in real life just once for that experience of lifetime. I'm sure you drove them before they were restored. Don't you miss that? Honestly, I can't get my head around it. I wouldn't care about cars if it wasn't the driving aspect. Thats the true love of the automobile. The drive. That feeling it gives you of freedom. Wind in your hair, rock and roll on the radio, motor roaring as you barrel down the road accelerating faster and faster.

Please describe your point of view in the detail I have. I like to think I have open mind. And I don't mean show cars should be run on the track, that was just a crazy example of the Buick meet. I mean pleasure drives.

Well, enlighten me. I can't fathom how after all your sweat and dollars you wouldn't want to drive the car. That's what I see as the true pleasure in owning a beautiful collector car, is driving it. I can't understand the draw to do so much work for something you look at, when it could be so much more i.e. something you drive. I have a whole display in my office of model cars I love to look at, and of course would love to drive in real life just once for that experience of lifetime. I'm sure you drove them before they were restored. Don't you miss that? Honestly, I can't get my head around it. I wouldn't care about cars if it wasn't the driving aspect. Thats the true love of the automobile. The drive. That feeling it gives you of freedom. Wind in your hair, rock and roll on the radio, motor roaring as you barrel down the road accelerating faster and faster.

Please describe your point of view in the detail I have. I like to think I have open mind. And I don't mean show cars should be run on the track, that was just a crazy example of the Buick meet. I mean pleasure drives.

What I think you are missing is the fact that most people who would keep a museum piece such as the GNX above would always have several cars to drive and have fun with. At this level, whether they are unbelievably low miles survivors or concourse resotrations, they cease to be cars and become more like artwork. I agree with 70 Mach, to each his own. I keep having people ask me "are you going to drive it, it would be a shame" with relation to my 70 Cuda. The reality is probably not much at all for the first few years, maybe down the road. I have my balls out GN to drive, which will always be faster than that car. Why mess it up?

Does that make sense?

What I think you are missing is the fact that most people who would keep a museum piece such as the GNX above would always have several cars to drive and have fun with. At this level, whether they are unbelievably low miles survivors or concourse resotrations, they cease to be cars and become more like artwork. I agree with 70 Mach, to each his own. I keep having people ask me "are you going to drive it, it would be a shame" with relation to my 70 Cuda. The reality is probably not much at all for the first few years, maybe down the road. I have my balls out GN to drive, which will always be faster than that car. Why mess it up?

Does that make sense?

Well put !!! I love my garage queens :biggrin:

I'll drive the others :cool:

Well said :) I feel the same and it's why I couldnt own a car and not drive it.

But to each his own :cool:

Preserving, yes. Obsessing over, no. I was at a small car show last weekend, and met a very nice fellow who owns a pristine yellow 1970 GSX. The car is mint, inside and out. He was telling me that he just got back from the track, and ran it several times. He is in his mid to late 60s, and owns several other classic Buicks and street rods, all of them show-worthy, and all of them driven (and driven hard). He gets a lot of enjoyment from his cars, both showing and driving them.

I've never understood the "trailer queen" phenomenon. Cars are built to be driven, to be enjoyed. Not parked in one place, and stared at. The whole classic Corvette "It has the original air in the spare tire" mentality is beyond me. When you are old and grey, are you going to tell your grandkids, "I used to have a [insert classic car here], never drove it, but sure enjoyed polishing it"?

My 1986 GN is a solid driver, far from perfect, but I sure love driving it. And the funny thing is, it still attracts a crowd, faded paint, slightly worn seats, and stock engine compartment and all.:)

We also own a Trans Am Firehawk. I met a guy who owned a Firehawk convertible for 3 years, put less than 10,000 km on it, and then sold it. Most of the time, it sat in a garage, with its cover on it, while he rode his bicycle. And made payments on the Firehawk he never drove (enjoyed). Weird.

I don't know if you saw on the other thread on the 7 mile GNX that I found, but,
A guy put a new battery in it yesterday and then drove it around to see if it is charging. Now it has 9.7 miles on it. Very funny if you think about it. I think the car wanted to be driven.