340 Walbro replacements?

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Have a new, unused Racetronix 680 Dbl pumper system. May change to E85, from pump 93.
AIRC, there was talk that the 340's are not for E85.. Y/N? {the system is about 3 yrs old}.
Anyone know what pump will fit in their place, and provide more flow? 400's?
Also, not sure the 340's will keep up on E85, as I have 2 cyls that are missing on a v-sicks.:D

Have a new, unused Racetronix 680 Dbl pumper system. May change to E85, from pump 93.
AIRC, there was talk that the 340's are not for E85.. Y/N? {the system is about 3 yrs old}.
Also, not sure the 340's will keep up on E85, as I have 2 cyls that are missing on a v-sicks.:D

I actully did a twin 450 setup . Yes it didn't drop right in but if you place one in the tank then the sending unit with the other one installed you can grab it and attach it to the Y . And they are rated for e85

Attachments

• IMG_9975.JPG
    IMG_9975.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_9987.JPG
    IMG_9987.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
I actully did a twin 450 setup . Yes it didn't drop right in but if you place one in the tank then the sending unit with the other one installed you can grab it and attach it to the Y . And they are rated for e85

X2 ^^^

I know Chris spent a lot of time on this dual 450 setup and he took every precaution to make sure it was done correctly. If I was doing an in-tank setup, I would be asking Chris (Dank GN) how to make a dual 450 setup like he did.

As far as I know, he is the only person to have done that.

Results from testing fuel pumps by Richard Clark shows the DW 301 pump is equal the the Walbro 450L, and it is e-85 compatible.

Also, I do not know of any other in-tank pump that carries a 3 year unconditional warranty.

With proper wiring and additional voltage, one DW pump supplied enough fuel for a street GN to run a 9.90 in the quarter mile which equates to 600 RWHP!

Well that would be a test i need to see with my own eyes I have also tested the pumps and the DW301 flows about the same as the other 340L/ph pumps out there. The 450 Walbro has a turbine that is TWICE the size and flows at least 100Lph more.

The DW301 doesn't flow anywhere near a F9000274 or 267 pump.

F9000267:
Flow Rate: 465 LPH @ 40psi
Test Voltage: 13.5 volts

DW300:
Flow Rate: 318.61 LPH @ 40 PSI
Test Voltage: 13.4 Volts

The hanger would be too restrictive for 2 430 LPH pumps also the current demands are too high for the wiring.

Jay racing has a single intank pump that the Bugatti runs need a controller but it's bad ass.

They carry the controller as well

The DW301 doesn't flow anywhere near a F9000274 or 267 pump.

F9000267:
Flow Rate: 465 LPH @ 40psi
Test Voltage: 13.5 volts

DW300:
Flow Rate: 318.61 LPH @ 40 PSI
Test Voltage: 13.4 Volts

The hanger would be too restrictive for 2 430 LPH pumps also the current demands are too high for the wiring.
I'm runing the first pump off a boost a pump . Then I have a completely separate Hotwire setup with a adjustable boost switch to
Control the second pump .

They carry the controller as well
the bugatti pump is a walbro pump too, Walbro 7.00228.51 Inline Intank Fuel Pump Item Weight 1.5 pounds Product Dimensions 10 x 3 x 3 inches Walbro 330 LPH Inline Fuel Pump for Bugatti Universal Racing E85 Diesel Gas >255 OEM Pump for Bugatti Veyron! Up to 800HP. Universal! This state-of-the-art German-engineered screw-pump sets a new standard in high-performance. The new dual screw-design exhibits high-flow with minimal pressure drop-off and heating while operating at elevated pressures. This pump technology is used as factory equipment in the Bugatti Veyron and other super-cars. This pump will support over 800HP+ reliably and quietly making it the best performing pump currently on the market. This pump is compatible with gas, E85 and diesel. This pump may be used externally or in the gas tank. holley also sell that pump with the controller here is the twin version in their billet box https://www.holley.com/products/fue...arbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12-3000-2

the bugatti pump is a walbro pump too, Walbro 7.00228.51 Inline Intank Fuel Pump Item Weight 1.5 pounds Product Dimensions 10 x 3 x 3 inches Walbro 330 LPH Inline Fuel Pump for Bugatti Universal Racing E85 Diesel Gas >255 OEM Pump for Bugatti Veyron! Up to 800HP. Universal! This state-of-the-art German-engineered screw-pump sets a new standard in high-performance. The new dual screw-design exhibits high-flow with minimal pressure drop-off and heating while operating at elevated pressures. This pump technology is used as factory equipment in the Bugatti Veyron and other super-cars. This pump will support over 800HP+ reliably and quietly making it the best performing pump currently on the market. This pump is compatible with gas, E85 and diesel. This pump may be used externally or in the gas tank. holley also sell that pump with the controller here is the twin version in their billet box https://www.holley.com/products/fue...arbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12-3000-2
Mike,the pro series inline does 1000+Rwhp.they do a pro series 340 intank that with volts can do 750rwhp on its own.

Mike,the pro series inline does 1000+Rwhp.they do a pro series 340 intank that with volts can do 750rwhp on its own.
I belive that on gas but with e85 it's a different story . Here is a chart of some common pumps and there flow rates
IMG_0243.PNG