300 Blackout?

LOL I thought it was just me that had the gun store guys pushing that round...

What is the difference between that and the whisper?
I'm not really educated enough to answer that question. I just knew when I went into the local gun shop that specializes in AR's they tried selling me on that size.

Shane do you know of any pre 1994 ar's for sale down there that could get shipped to my local gun store up here. They get a premium for them up here because our stupid rules mean while if you get 1 from a non ban state they just bring reasonable prices.

IIRC the Whisper was the original round developed by a private party who then copyrighted it's existence or some such thing. As the story was told to me by an AR builder, it was for not just subsonic application's but for better trajectories in the desert. The guy wanted royalties from the mfg's to produce this round which would enable using std mags while making an adaptable AR to shoot 308 rounds, blah blah...

The mfg's responded by changing the necking process and developing what's essentially the same thing (but different;)) to get past the individual who developed the whole idea. They called their round the "Blackout". As this round was developed by those who are "in" the business it has wider acceptance.

The difference between the rounds was explained to me, but I do not recall them exactly so will not say.

I'm not really educated enough to answer that question. I just knew when I went into the local gun shop that specializes in AR's they tried selling me on that size.

Shane do you know of any pre 1994 ar's for sale down there that could get shipped to my local gun store up here. They get a premium for them up here because our stupid rules mean while if you get 1 from a non ban state they just bring reasonable prices.

No, gunbroker is your best friend for that.... Depends on the state if you can mody one or not... I got fooled and thought any preban gun could be modified, I paid kinda stupid money for an ole 10/22 and can't do squat with it...