3 week old owner:

Tom R

87FastBlack
Hello Everyone,

I've already made several posts here aftre purchasing my first G.N. a few weeks back. I've gotten some great feedback and actually traveled to see a veteran G.N. owner who was well recommended by this site. My G.N. had some adjustments to be made and a horrible squealing serp belt. I wanted to make sure the car was in tune so I could then concentrate on learning myself instead of learning on the fly and potentially damaging the car.

Anyhow...I met up with Rick aka TurboBuRick at his home and he tuned the car for me but we're still figuring out the issue with the belt. We went to a smaller belt ans the noise temporarily stopped only to reappear the next day on start-up. Anyway, Rick was right on and we'll get this serp belt issue fixed. Who wants to drive a G.N. around and listen to it squeal when you hit the gas...that's no fun and it doesn't look good either. So in a nutshell, there's my into. I also thought I'd lost a pic of my car.

Attachments

• P8040444.jpg
    P8040444.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 153
Looks nice and congrats on the purchase.
What size belt you running?
Look at your tensioner it has a window of operation (slot with a line) the line should be in the window.

Before I bought the car, a new alternator, tensioner and belt was done. Rick noticed there was no play left in the tensioner so we went from a K060640 belt to a 30. The squeal stopped for the drive home and started back upon start-up the next day. The 040 belt was the second one replaced so this is the third belt. Perhaps the pullys need a good cleaning??? Oh, and A/C on or off does not change anything.

Here's a pic of the engine bay.

Attachments

• P8040446.JPG
    P8040446.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 187
Welcome to the dark side:biggrin: you can't go wrong having TurboBuRick working on figuring out your issues.I need to head up their to have him and DR BOOST fine tune my junk for i can finally get into the 11's.By the way your gn looks great:biggrin:

It's hard to tell from the pic but if that is one of those ATR style ram air set ups you might want to look at changing it out sometime down the road (very restrictive)
Car looks great , good luck with it.

Diaz 87-Thank you. Darth Vader aint got nothin on me now. I got his car!

Facie Motion-I do plan on upgrading the system and adding an LS1 MAF, integrator and a chip this spring. Right now, I just want to enjoy the ride.

The guy I bought it from ran a best 12.32 with a 60' of 1.73 at 107. I personally will not make this a track car but I would like it to be a street beast capable of high 11's.

Beautiful car, welcome to the forum, leave the belt off and turn everything by hand, what makes noise or is hard to turn?