3" dual exhaust opinions

TheGovernment

I'm looking at getting dual 3" cat back exhaust. I've bought a lot of stuff from G-Body and was looking at their mandrel bent 3" ones with the magnaflow mufflers. Does anyone have this setup? how does it sound? There was the g-body set as well as the set at GN1. Any other that may be better? So far the Gbody one has me liking what I see.

thanks

any mods needed to make it fit? my underside is all stock except for the DP and how loud would it be on a scale of 1 to 10. I don't mind a bit of growl when I stomp on it but don't want that drone that I've heard on some other GN's I've seen at car shows.

Can the gn1 system be modded to work with an hr sway bar with some tweaking? Or is it not possible at all...Im looking at exhaust options as well..

any mods needed to make it fit? my underside is all stock except for the DP and how loud would it be on a scale of 1 to 10. I don't mind a bit of growl when I stomp on it but don't want that drone that I've heard on some other GN's I've seen at car shows.

As long as you have a stock type sway bar, you shouldn't have any problems. I tried installing one on my car that had a Spohn Pro Touring bar on it at the time and the end links were in the way. Didn't feel like messing with it at the time as the exhaust system HAD to go on so I ended up going with a regular Spohn swaybar for now.

My car is extremely low with a Ford 9" rear so that presents some challenges as well. Some minor cutting of the tail pipes was all that was needed. Some people don't like this system because it is too pretty.:biggrin:

As far as sound goes, probably a 7 out of 10 for noise but that is subjective. Never noticed any drone from it on my GN.

If time ever allows it I am going to try a HR Parts drag bar install to see what is needed to allow it to fit.

More pics Claude!!!
Mark, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pics of the undercarriage of my car (especially the exhaust system) other than the one below and the one I posted in my previous post...but as soon as I put my car on a lift again, I'll make sure to take more! :wink:

and

WOW...claude ,,that is a clean undercarriage for a car that lives in the snow belt ..

Bob...not bad for a 24 year old car heh?...:wink: :biggrin:...I live in the snow belt, but my GN has never been in snow...:rolleyes:

Claude. :)

Mark, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pics of the undercarriage of my car (especially the exhaust system) other than the one below and the one I posted in my previous post...but as soon as I put my car on a lift again, I'll make sure to take more! :wink:

Mind if I use that shot on my site??? When you get a chance would like to see more shots of the end links and how close they come to the pipes.

Talk to Coach. He modded the GN1 exhaust to work with the HR rear bar.

Modify what??...Mine fit right out of the box, well almost. The only tweaking I had to do was to remove 1" off each front pipe, just in front on the mufflers to allow the whole muffler/tailpipe assembly to move 1" forward thus preventing the tailpipes from hitting the front of the axle tubes.

and

Mind if I use that shot on my site??? When you get a chance would like to see more shots of the end links and how close they come to the pipes.

Mark, I "pm"ed you...

Claude. :redface:

I'm looking at getting dual 3" cat back exhaust. I've bought a lot of stuff from G-Body and was looking at their mandrel bent 3" ones with the magnaflow mufflers. Does anyone have this setup? how does it sound? There was the g-body set as well as the set at GN1. Any other that may be better? So far the Gbody one has me liking what I see.

thanks
GN1 is the best sounding and best looking exhaust. But don't expect it to fit perfectly without adjustments. I installed mine tweeking here and there and adding extra hangers to get it to fit perfectly.

No "modding" needed. The system fits ok with the H&R bar...look:

Claude. :smile:
I have the GN1 exhaust and Paul Ferry himself worked on my car for three hours at BG trying to get the HR bar to work with the GN1 exhaust without success. He is possibly in the process of modifying his bar to work with my GN1 exhaust. I am going to e-mail this thread to him to see what he thinks. Maybe you can help him with this. Thanks...

GN1 is the best sounding and best looking exhaust. But don't expect it to fit perfectly without adjustments. I installed mine tweeking here and there and adding extra hangers to get it to fit perfectly.

You have never seen a real ATR exhaust then!!!! :biggrin:

I am going to e-mail this thread to him to see what he thinks. Maybe you can help him with this. Thanks...

I'll be glad to help him if he needs me to do so!...:wink: Other than the small mod I described in my previous post (post #14), I just don't understand what is it exactly that doesn't fit?...

Claude. :)

pypes

...fits like a glove... I have installed at least five varying systems over the years and this one is by far the best/easiest install/ fit. It tucks way up under with no mufflers hanging down sooo low that they can be readily seen from side views(looking out of place) as is the case with many other systems

If I did not run the HR bar I would surely give Mark's a try