3 bar map sensor ?

666al

my 87 gn has reached the max boost at stock for now with my curren parts which 16-17 psi. I been told that a 3 bar map sensor will help when increasing boost. what does it do really?

Don't know what your "parts list" is but I can tell you a 3 bar MAP won't make your car for faster.

I could have sworn the stock map sensor was a 3 bar cause when i raced turbo dodges one of the upgrades was a 3 bar map and everyone was using grand national stock map sensors also in all the stock car upgrades never said anything about upgrading the map sensor..Gm high tech is doiung a buildup on a stock 106,000 mile gn with dyno and drag strip numbers the current issue dosent show it but the previous two issues are the beginning and second installment very informative you combo needs a fuel pump, injectors with matching chip, lt1 valve springs, and something to help your 60 ft...The The only reason the dodges needed a different map sensor is that they had a 2 bar sensor and after so much boost the sensor was maxxed out and the ecm wouldnt know how much boost was coming into the engine

my 87 gn has reached the max boost at stock for now with my curren parts which 16-17 psi. I been told that a 3 bar map sensor will help when increasing boost. what does it do really?

The MAP sensor on Turbo Regals only runs the stock boost gauge. It has NO function as far as the ECM or control of the car goes.

Untill you run some type of aftermarket engine management system.

or

Powerlogger can use it to read higher boost levels.

I could have sworn the stock map sensor was a 3 bar cause when i raced turbo dodges one of the upgrades was a 3 bar map and everyone was using grand national stock map sensors also in all the stock car upgrades never said anything about upgrading the map sensor..Gm high tech is doiung a buildup on a stock 106,000 mile gn with dyno and drag strip numbers the current issue dosent show it but the previous two issues are the beginning and second installment very informative you combo needs a fuel pump, injectors with matching chip, lt1 valve springs, and something to help your 60 ft...The The only reason the dodges needed a different map sensor is that they had a 2 bar sensor and after so much boost the sensor was maxxed out and the ecm wouldnt know how much boost was coming into the engine

Stock turbo regal map sensors are two bar.

I think only analog dash cars had them while digital dash cars had something more along the lines of a Hobbs switch type setup. The stock TTA sensors were 3 bar. There is no need to upgrade unless like Dave said, you are going to some type of aftermarket engine management/logging program or unless you are using it as a reference for an alkycontrol kit.

It was an upgrade for the Dodge system because they used speed density for their cars. Speed density uses a map sensor along with tps and temp sensors to determine how much fuel the engine requires. Our stock system uses a mass airflow set up which actually measures the airflow to determine fuel requirments.

I understand that it wont make it faster . i was just wanted to know if you needed it for when you run higher boost.

I understand that it wont make it faster . i was just wanted to know if you needed it for when you run higher boost.

If you want to datalog your boost over 2 bar absolute you will need it but its not necessary