3 Bar Map Part #

GM_PARTS

Hey there,

I just wanted to say Hello to all you Turbo6 guys!
Also I have a few questions:
What is the part number/numbers for the 3 bar map sensor?
I have 2 numbers here, but at the dealership they are different prices. Which PN came on which car? Aren't GN and Turbo TA 3 bars the same? And what about the Gran Prix Turbo 6?
Old Part Number: 16040749
New Part Number: 12223861

I hope this is in the right forum, sorry, new and don't know where this would be posted.
Thanks!
Peace

HTH

GM PART # 12223861

GM LIST: $101.09

OUR PRICE: $50.55

DESCRIPTION: SENSOR

The old 16040749 part number has changed to this 2nd design and will require using a new connector 15305891 when replacing the first design sensor with the new 2nd design map sensor.

If you are installing this on a vehicle other than a 1989 turbo T/A there will not be a warranty on this part.
=======================================

:)

Thanks Two Lane,

I'd seen that on the GMPARTSDIRECT.COM, however they still have BOTH items at the dealership here, and they are different prices. The older part number is cheaper by like 30 dollars. I dunno why this is. Isn't the GN and Turbo TA the same map?
Peace

LOL, I'm not sure! I thought most GM turbo applications were 3bar? What about the Turbo Grand Prix? Is that 2 or 3?

HTH

The GN is 2-bar, for sure. Also, Turbolink's boost-sensing option requires TRs to upgrade/update to the 3-bar sensor.

The TTA was 3-bar...but beyond that year, can't say, though SUSPECT all would also be 3-bar.

HTH :)

Old Part Number: 16040749

If they have this one on the shelf, get it and be done. direct plug in.