3-2 control valve mod

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Took my wife's car down to Jimmy's and had him install a CK perf separator plate and the 3-2 control valve modification. Can you tell a difference? I can.

32controlvalveblu.jpg

Haha... I love it when something works.
$200 shift kit, with a pan spacer and 700R4 filter pick-up and an otherwise bone stock trans is fully 11-sec capable.

thanks to Chris at CK, Bison, and Jimmy

Ok for dummies like me explain the difference in the graphs,I see the RPMs come up quicker after. Also looks like the 1st shift is cleaner but the 2nd is not as clean. The rpms coming up quicker would lead me to think it's slipping but that can be correct.

Ok for dummies like me explain the difference in the graphs,I see the RPMs come up quicker after. Also looks like the 1st shift is cleaner but the 2nd is not as clean. The rpms coming up quicker would lead me to think it's slipping but that can be correct.

There is only a 2-3 shift on that graph, the other drop in rpm is letting off the gas. its just the 2-3 shift and its much crisper and drops sooner showing its completing the shift sooner

Then the 1st peak and drop is the shift...ok then yup I see it too.

Then the 1st peak and drop is the shift...ok then yup I see it too.

Yep, just to the left of the black cursor line. The shape of the 2-3 upshift changes from convex (slipping clutches) to a concave shape (clean crisp shift)

Finally some good data .We all know it works better but to see it on the graph cements it.The direct clutch capacity cannot be maximized unless you remove the variable orificing of 3rd accumulator to the servo oil during a 2/3 ratio change.