3-1/2" Speaker Install

JM_in_TX

Which 3-1/2" speakers should I put in while I have the speaker bezel off? :confused:
I have a Pioneer Deck in the car but would like to change it over to a factory style CD. I can get any of these three at Best Buys here in Midland.
Pioneer 2-Ways
Rockford-Fosgate
Infinity

Thanks,
John

If you are referring to the dash cover 3.5" speakers, I would recommend the Pioneer TS-A878s. Circuit City sells them for $49.99.

Buy the Pioneer 3.5" 2-way Speakers (TSA878) and other Car Speakers at circuitcity.com

They will fit in the hole and will bolt right up, however, you might have to do some trimming to the underside of the dash cover to get the cover to sit down flush. I recently installed these on my 87 T and they sound a whole lot better than stock, however, the cover does sit up a little bit. IOW, no longer exactly flush, but you can't really tell. Not even from the outside. 3.5" speakers are getting harder and harder to find these days.
They do show some higher RMS wattage Eclipse speakers as well. Not sure if they would fit any better tho, but am happy with my Pioneers, but would have loved to get Infinity to match my Infinity 6x9s. Not sure if the Infinities will fit any better or not tho. If my memory serves me correct, Infinity and Pioneer share a company relationship, at least this is what I was told when I was stationed in Japan from a reputable stereo shop in Hachinohe.

3.5" Speakers and other Car Speakers at circuitcity.com

HTH

Patrick

Just mount them from underneath. They should have come with some clips that the screws go into. Put those clips on the tabs where the speakers mount, hold them by the tweeter while starting the screws. If this makes no sense at all, I can post a pic of how I did it in my elky (with an '84GN dash)