285/35-18 tires for mostly street use, what works for you?

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
I see the GT500 guys rave about the Nitto NT05 and i was just wondering what experience any of you guys have with any brand in the 285/35-18 size? Like everyone else i want TRACTION! I drive my GN occassionally but if i get caught in the rain i dont want it get our from under me while crusing. Mostly straight line acceleration for now. I did a search and did not find a lot of info on 18s. Tell me what you are using in this size and what brand you like...

THANKS!!!!

295/40/18's in the back,255/40/18's in the front, Rims are ROH drift wheels for GN,found online for $1200 for the set,they come with spacer's front an back,my back tires are 11 inches wide an grips! If i throttle control 600+ rwh or at good enough roll...heh..in the rain there ok, no surprizing slide-out's i found,The tire's are Falken Azen1s,i have inch drop springs so it's Close to the fender,facorty height, they work perfect!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members/hellobozos-albums-s-back-2-24-11.html

Enjoy!

Look into Falken Azenis 615 tires. I use them and love them in all driving conditions.

These tires are used by Autocrossers instead of the drag radials becuase of they grip and the last. The compound is farely soft but nothing like the drag radials. Once you mash the gas, they grip! I run 315/30R18's on the back of my car. -----Jeremy;)

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 293
Look into Falken Azenis 615 tires. I use them and love them in all driving conditions.

These tires are used by Autocrossers instead of the drag radials becuase of they grip and the last. The compound is farely soft but nothing like the drag radials. Once you mash the gas, they grip! I run 315/30R18's on the back of my car. -----Jeremy;)

Nice pattern!

Jeremy, what wheel width are you using with those 315s?
I have 9.5 with a 4.75bs coming....

Nice pattern!

Jeremy, what wheel width are you using with those 315s?
I have 9.5 with a 4.75bs coming....

I notched and braced the frame. They are 10" wide with a 5.5" backspace. You will be fine with the 9.5's and a 4.75 BS.

These tires are not cheap but they are very well worth the money when your a guy that actually drives your car.

295/40/18's in the back,255/40/18's in the front, Rims are ROH drift wheels for GN,found online for $1200 for the set,they come with spacer's front an back,my back tires are 11 inches wide an grips! If i throttle control 600+ rwh or at good enough roll...heh..in the rain there ok, no surprizing slide-out's i found,The tire's are Falken Azen1s,i have inch drop springs so it's Close to the fender,facorty height, they work perfect!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members/hellobozos-albums-s-back-2-24-11.html

Enjoy!

Heck, I just noticed you run Azenis as well. I didnt even see that when I posted! You must have good taste!:biggrin:

Heck, I just noticed you run Azenis as well. I didnt even see that when I posted! You must have good taste!:biggrin:

I've out handled one those Blue Suburu's with hood scope already,My rims 18x10 back,18x9 in the front,Aerospace Pro-Street disk brake kit all round,Ebiech 1 inch drop springs an BMR control arms uppers an lowers all around,the sway bars a 28mm in the back,22mm in the front,Bilistein shocks,i have a currie bolt-in 9' rear end with 3:20 gears with the back tire 28" tall..Last night i was on the hwy at 70mph, i stabbed the gas an was going 140mph in under 3 seconds...hehe

Enjoy!

I've out handled one those Blue Suburu's with hood scope already,My rims 18x10 back,18x9 in the front,Aerospace Pro-Street disk brake kit all round,Ebiech 1 inch drop springs an BMR control arms uppers an lowers all around,the sway bars a 28mm in the back,22mm in the front,Bilistein shocks,i have a currie bolt-in 9' rear end with 3:20 gears with the back tire 28" tall..Last night i was on the hwy at 70mph, i stabbed the gas an was going 140mph in under 3 seconds...hehe

Enjoy!

Are you using adjustable control arms?

Are you using adjustable control arms?

Only one set's adjustiable,the Uppers on the currie 9" in the back,rest is done with custom laser alignment,I still have some fender clearencing to do in the front,but it's minor,same thing that had to be done on GNX's

I see. I know a few people that just went with spherical rod ends on there control arms and they said it was a night and day difference

I run the 285-40/18 TOYO Proxis T1R's on my car and love the overal performance of them.. I cut 1.8 60 foot times with these, I drove it on the dragon (318 curves in 11mi) in the rain and they stuck!

Like JD Polzin said, the falcon Azenis are good too....I have several buddies running those..

Scot W.

Attachments

• TOYO T1R's 003.jpg
    TOYO T1R's 003.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 295