275 radial race and north vs south @ Piedmont Oct 2 &3

cold85

Hed 275 drag radial race. We have yet to have a turbo 6cyl and I will check and see what weight break we can give. No entry fee and 1000 to win. If you have a car that can run 5.20-6.30 you have a shot on these tires at going rounds and a chance at the win.
Rules
275 Shootout General Rules

1. Any type suspension, stock front and rear frame rails

2. Engine combo’s
a. Bid Block short deck conventional heads only
b. No boosted big blocks
c. Single carb or fuel injection
d. No sheet metal intakes
e. Gas or E-85 Ethanol only, no methanol

3. Power Adders
a. One power adder only
b. NOS Big Block 2 stages max
c. NOS Small Block 3 stages max
d. Turbo Small Block single 88 max twin 67 max
e. NOS entries can use one 15lb bottle max
f. NOS controllers and boost controllers allowed
g. Supercharger f1r xi trim or smaller

4. 275/60 drag radial max as printed on sidewall

5. Weights
a. N/A Big Block 2800 Small Block 2400
b. NOS Big Block 3200 Small Block 3000
c. Turbo & SC Small Block 3200

6. No wheelie bars

7. Stock dash and two functioning seats

8. Mufflers required

9. Any production transmission

10. Functioning headlights and tail lights

11. Ladd bars and 4-link add 100lbs

275.jpg

If you have a car that can run 5.20-6.30 you have a shot on these tires at going rounds and a chance at the win.

Thats why you wont find any v6 cars in this for the most part. MOST of the HED cars I have seen are extremely fast on radials. The reason I know is cuz I work at a track where lots of HED cars test. I know what they run personally. No use to waste lots of time. Only if you could find local TSO cars they might would run this.

I will ask about alky & turbo but I asked and a tubo 6 can run 100lbs less than a turbo 8

Thats why you wont find any v6 cars in this for the most part. MOST of the HED cars I have seen are extremely fast on radials. The reason I know is cuz I work at a track where lots of HED cars test. I know what they run personally. No use to waste lots of time. Only if you could find local TSO cars they might would run this.
last race a car that had never ran in the 5's ended up in the final round. Plus it is free entry so consider it testing with a shot to win money.

How about 200lbs less?? 3000lb would be a good weight for a v6. FInd out if this can be done please.

Let's start with 100 for this race and if that does not work we can talk it over and see what will work.