275/45/17???

.38 special

all spooled up
Has anyone run into this problem? I can't find anyone who manufactures a 275/45/17. 40s are abundant, but I feel they will be too low profile and not fill the finder wells enough. I am using 10" wide wheels and have the backspacing under control, but close. I guess I could use a 285/40 but still can't find a 45.
So my question is:
Do you know who makes a 45, or what are you guys using, and any pics?

275 would be a bit too small for a 10" wheel. I have 285/40/17 on the rear of mine. They seem to be fine on my 9 1/2" wheels. Kumho's were good on pricing too!

Ryan

I have 275/40/17 with a dropped rear and it fills up the entire wheel well.

I used Sumitomo 275/40 17s and the manufacturer stated overall outside diameter is 26" which I think is close to the factory outside diameter which would keep the speedo correct. I ya care about that thing:D .

ADAM

Hybrid how are the Sumimotos on a boost launch? Which Sumimoto do you have?

Nitto makes a 275/50/17. Has anyone seen this size, would it be way too big? I would use a 285/40/17, but can't find one for less than a small fortune.
Has anyone heard anything about Cooper Zeons, they are pretty cheap, z rated, and very attractive.

I have a set of the 275/50/17 on my car. They are 28" tall, and they fill the fenderwheels completely. BTW I also have the rear of the car lowered 1.5". I have pictures if you can supply me an email addy.
Bubba Nicholson

Does anyone know a good website to browse tires (good selection, low prices). I've been to tires.com and tirerack.
Thanks

Bubba, I sent you a PM.