273 cu. in.

Ttype6

9.3 to 1 compression ratio
This thing makes so much power with so little effort.
12 lbs of boost leaving with 5 lbs at 3,000 rpm.
Dave Husek's 3521 torque converter principals applied to my Vigilante 5 disc

What is 273 cubic inch?
4,473 cubic centimeters or 4.473 liters.
DSC00677.JPG

Doesn't take much, low end grunt is awesome! I have a 274ci combo myself, ran mid 10s on 20psi not even trying.

What housing and turbine wheel you running on that mountain motor?
It's funny that you would ask the question that way. I refer to my engine as my mini mountain motor. Who would ever need a motor that big? I suppose I'm somewhat of a glutton.
p trim Precision .63

Last edited:
  1. Three snowflakes fell from the sky on the 22nd hear in Michigan,so they plastered the roads with salt. On the 23rd it rained all day and washed the salt away. It was sunny and 50 degrees on Christmas day,so I thought I would celebrate our Saviors birthday with a smoky burnout on the new and very smooth asphalt at the Kroger grocery store down the street. I was surprised that the tires gripped the asphalt so well. The tires always go up in smoke,spin very hard,and never make any noise.As you can see the tires were spinning but not a lot. The traction surprised me as did the squealing tires. Because of this,I wanted to use the video to show how much work these bigger engines do with so little effort. Nick Micale has been screaming at the top of his lungs for years about the wonders of using the 4.1 production block. He recently posted that the torque from these engines makes traction on the street very elusive . He's right.
  2. The second thing I like about the video is that it shows me how my suspension reacts. Because of the changes I made to the rear upper control arms geometry,the rear of my car should rise during launch. It never felt to me like it did,but we can see in the video that it does. The geometry changes I made moved the instant center too far back and down resulting in too much anti squat as well as instant center being too far below the center of gravity. KEVINS will be supplying me with the cure soon.

It's funny that you would ask the question that way. I refer to my engine as my mini mountain motor. Who would ever need a motor that big? I suppose I'm somewhat of a glutton.
p trim .63
lol, I got that term from street outlaws when they refer to doc's motor. My motor is 260ci, 3.84" with 3.74" stroke. I love the extra displacement driving around town over a 232ci motor. I'm running a s366 on mine with 88ar t4 and 73/80mm turbine and it doesn't light off anything like yours. Watching your video makes me jealous lol.

the phrase "mountain motor" has been around forever... it generally applies to 700+ cubic inch engines run by Pro Mod guys, but i guess it could also be applied to a 270 inch V6.. perhaps a different term needs to be invented for an engine like this one- it's not big enough to be a "mountain motor", but "large hill motor" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as smoothly..

Sounds awesome! I built a 4.1 60 over with a BB 70 on it. Amazing! Can you please explain the converter?