272ci Stage II Buick Grand National

I didn"t realize most of this stuff was discontinued !!! WTF!!! Tell me about...WTF is right.

{I would have bought the car that gnbrett bought but was dead set the ac had to be on the car} It did actually come with A/C. He put it back as part of the deal. I too was not buying a new street car w/out A/C.

I would really like to see some pics if you have any. Sounds like it's as nice as Flipmo's car. I would agree with the guilt factor tho but $25k does go a long way these days with todays economy.

Flipmo I say keep it and enjoy it. You searched long and hard for a streetable stage car as I did. They are a rare find these days. I bought my Stage car months ago and have already put another $10k into it...:mad:

I have had (3) TB's and after every car I sold I wish I had just kept it cause eventually that bug comes back and you start rationalizing as to why you need another one...:rolleyes: And once you have a Stage car you don't want anything else. Then you end up spending your money all over again on another TB except the money you made from the last car is now gone....:mad:

It's a cycle that dosen't ever seem to end for those who can (pay) for one. Not (afford) one...lol.

I'll part with mine some day im sure but later then sooner this time. Enjoy it, make the changes to run in TSO if you like. I think you should try that 76 GTS first. Otto had that on his stage car and he said that thing spooled wicked fast and made great HP. He went 9.20's.

I mean how many Stage II Duttweiler built street cars are out there that look like show cars and can still be driven every day on the street? None that I have ever seen.

So is this a Duttweiler built Stage II or a Cal Hartline built Stage II, I seem to think that Cal said he built it a few years back for a good friend of his??? Thanks.

I would really like to see some pics if you have any. Sounds like it's as nice as Flipmo's car. I would agree with the guilt factor tho but $25k does go a long way these days with todays economy.

Flipmo I say keep it and enjoy it. You searched long and hard for a streetable stage car as I did. They are a rare find these days. I bought my Stage car months ago and have already put another $10k into it...:mad:

I have had (3) TB's and after every car I sold I wish I had just kept it cause eventually that bug comes back and you start rationalizing as to why you need another one...:rolleyes: And once you have a Stage car you don't want anything else. Then you end up spending your money all over again on another TB except the money you made from the last car is now gone....:mad:

It's a cycle that dosen't ever seem to end for those who can (pay) for one. Not (afford) one...lol.

I'll part with mine some day im sure but later then sooner this time. Enjoy it, make the changes to run in TSO if you like. I think you should try that 76 GTS first. Otto had that on his stage car and he said that thing spooled wicked fast and made great HP. He went 9.20's.

I mean how many Stage II Duttweiler built street cars are out there that look like show cars and can still be driven every day on the street? None that I have ever seen.

Thanks GNBRETT for the koodos and suggestions. Well again, I'm just giving everyone a fair opportunity to steal a nice Stage 2. Well I kind of expect those times with the GTS but I would have my a$$ handed to me by TSO guys running an average of 8.50s - 8.70s. quarters. I know it wouldn't be long before I would start looking at bolting on an 88 thusly after that :mad:.

Now all, today was a greattttttttttttttt day :tongue: :smile:. I went out today after storing it for 6 whole months without even starting once, pull the cover off, turned the battery switch back on (I thought the battery would be dead), all the lights lit up instantly, remote door opener let me in, alarmed chirped as should, turned the switch over and baammmmmmmmmm, she purred like a kitten even after six months :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:.

I didn't drive it and just pulled it out of storage, but oh yes, the feel was all in the seat of the pants and I can tell she is ready to go cruising. Oil level remained full, water level was in the same spot upon storage (according to overflow that is), tranny fluid full and all the fluids still look like new - so I may not be changing anything soon.

I also took the PICs everyone wanted of the interior along with some exterior as well. Guys, my car will be coming off the market probably soon as I'm simply waiting on workspace to becvome available. But again, this is everyone's opportunity to buy as is before I start changing things. The PICs do not do the car justice whatsoever. You have to see it in person to be a true believer. Check out the PICs and get it while you can.

Oh ULOSE2A6, Duttweiler built the block but Cal Hartline assembled 'EVERYTHING". Cal was the one individual who put this motor all together and assembled everything into what the car is today. So let there be no doubt who put the most time into putting this motor together - Cal.

All, here are the PICs but I expect it to be pulled into the work bay soon if no one snatches it up soon.

Thanks

flip

Attachments

• 100_1121.jpg
    100_1121.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 3,109
  • 100_1123.jpg
    100_1123.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 3,262
  • 100_1126.jpg
    100_1126.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 3,061
  • 100_1130.jpg
    100_1130.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3,061
  • 100_1131.jpg
    100_1131.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3,042
PICs

Don't Miss This Opportunity - I'll Just Keep It Tucked Away and Execute My Plan If It doesn't Go Soon :tongue: :cool:

Opportunity awaits for someone who's been looking for one of the cleanest Stage 2 street cars out there.

More PICs

flip

Attachments

• 100_1122.jpg
    100_1122.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 3,067
  • 100_1129.jpg
    100_1129.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 3,032
  • 100_1133.jpg
    100_1133.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3,015
  • 100_1136.jpg
    100_1136.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,956
  • 100_1137.jpg
    100_1137.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,941
Final PICs

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_1120.jpg
    100_1120.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 2,936
  • 100_1138.jpg
    100_1138.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,920
  • 100_1142.jpg
    100_1142.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,902
  • 100_1144.jpg
    100_1144.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2,995
  • 100_1148.jpg
    100_1148.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,884
wound up buying a car I had to spend a LOT of time and money on... BUT it was rust free and had the aluminum TA stg 2 motor in it.. of course I own a body shop, so it looks like a 12 on a scale of 1-10.. did the interior in leather, { looks like stock gn colors, VERY nice !! from jax seat covers} 81mm turbo, had an accel dfi, had to get rid of that for the xfi.. the interior pieces were pretty hard to find though.. it had been SEVERAL years since I had been around the gn"s.. I didn"t realize most of this stuff was discontinued !!! WTF!!!
it is a 400 turbo, I wanted the OD trans, but was told anything past 9.50s was asking to constantly have it out.. {I would have bought the car that gnbrett bought but was dead set the ac had to be on the car} the turbo HAD a little lag, so I put a 100 shot on it, { I love how the xfi will control it }. man, you wanna wake a gn up, SPRAY IT !!!!! the dr"s just go up in smoke on anything other than concrete.. these are fun cars.. my favorite is when someone says "you gotta chip in it ".. hopeing to run the car in the next month a BG.. sorry for the long reply.. just shocked you"d be selling the car you search SO hard for... steve

Did you get rid of a Gen 6 or a Gen 7? If you ditched the Gen 7 in favor of the XFI for the NOS controls you obviously didn't look very closely at the Gen 7 system.

nice car,,, I wounder how much it would cost to bring it to orange county,,ca 92629?????
also did you say it comes with some extras??
no accidents? clean title??
714 457-6839 Rafael
sorry if the question are repeated.

please please call me i'm up early 714 457-6839 rafael

nice car,,, I wounder how much it would cost to bring it to orange county,,ca 92629?????
also did you say it comes with some extras??
no accidents? clean title??
714 457-6839 Rafael
sorry if the question are repeated.

please please call me i'm up early 714 457-6839 rafael

Hi Rafael. PM sent answering cost questions.

Extras: 76GTS Turbo, Bumper Fillers Already Painted, Dash Trim Already Painted, 4 New Jack Stands, New Hydro Jack, Fuel Cans

Clean Title - Clean CarFax - No Accidents - No Damages

Check PM (However, better move fast if serious because when space becomes available to get the car in for work, it is off the market?:( :(

flipmo

Extras: 76GTS Turbo, Bumper Fillers Already Painted, Dash Trim Already Painted, 4 New Jack Stands, New Hydro Jack, Fuel Cans

Check PM (However, better move fast if serious because when space becomes available to get the car in for work, it is off the market?:( :(

flipmo

waiting for bank info:D :D
714 457-6839
rafael

Did you get rid of a Gen 6 or a Gen 7? If you ditched the Gen 7 in favor of the XFI for the NOS controls you obviously didn't look very closely at the Gen 7 system.

it was simply a matter of what i was familiar with:smile: .. the accell is at jack cottons.. brand new WB the whole shoot match. for sale.. the car is UNBELIEVALBLE! !!! I took some pics today, and then went for a spin.... what a rush !!!!!!! how do you post pics here ??????

I STILL cant believe flip is selling this car !!!!!!!!:eek:

flipmo

flipmo!! my man Anthony,, my wife says no more for me!!! till i get that GN:eek: :eek:

flipmo!! my man Anthony,, my wife says no more for me!!! till i get that GN:eek: :eek:

Rafael, give me a call at your earliest convenience. I'm still up for a little while longer. Man you are pushy pushy pushy - Just like me :tongue: :biggrin: ;).

flip

This has to be the nicest car on the board!! If this was for sale 6 months ago I wouldve already bought it...Good luck Flip:cool: