22lbs boost on the foot brake!

Tim Barnum

I just checked the new brakes on the TTA and I can hold 22lbs boost on the street without a problem. This should be fun at the track tomorrow:D. I could only get 15 lbs before the brake job.

What kind of brake pads, tires, and rear end u running, I can only get about 10-12 psi w/ the ebrake and my car starts creepin and my tires can't hold it.
~Murt

JESUS! WTF was I doing wrong? I could get 5-7 only on my stock rear. Now I went to a Ford 9" with the big drum brakes off an F150 pick up. I can only get 8-10 with this set up. I even changed master cylinder thinking maybe that was bad. Let me know your secrete please.

May want to epoxy your T-tops in before you try launching with 22psi. I would love to try a 15-20# launch, I'm crazy enough to try it and my cars not a prom queen anyways. Would make a good pic for a web page wouldn't it!

Jason

welll maybe you can hold 22 but is it gonna launch???? I got 14-16 with my old TTA but it wouldnt hook...went to 10-12 an it did 1.5s 60' ...but that was with a stocker

We just put new bearings in the rear end otherwise it is stock. The brakes are stock too. I don't use the E-brake. It should hook good I hope:D. I'm using the stock turbo and converter too. I'll let everyone know how it does tonight.

I have launched off the line with 20psi (The T-tops don't brake and the frame is still straight even without subframes) although it still runs the same 60ft times at leaving with 14psi.

1.5s on a stock D5 convertor as well.

How hard are you stepping on that brake peddle?

Is this with street tires?

Most I got is 15psi with street tires and E-brake....Turbo didnt want to make anymore boost after 15psi :confused:

Oh, what is your boost set at anyway????

Thanks,
Bo

My boost is set at 22lbs. I push on the padal pretty hard to get it to hold and I use ET Streets. I didn't get to go to Noble last friday but, I'll try next friday. I was at the car dealer getting a new work truck a 2003 Ford Lightning:D. That should tow some toys:).