224/224 cam

pajo

I have a comp cam 224/224 with 542 lift on int.and ex. and 268 duration at o.20 and I am curious what kind of vacuum does this cam produce or is it possible to use vacuum brakes. It will be installed in 30 over 3.8 with close to 8.8 compression and 1.65 r.rockers and r.lifters.

The specs you have posted are incorrect and incomplete...if you have the cam card take a pic of it and post it........also that cam is most likely too big for your combo unless you are putting a mid 9 second engine together.

No cam card so this is directly from Dan Strezo :

Gross Valve Lift .542 .542

.020 Duration 268 268
Valve Timing @ .050 INT 2 BTDC 42ABDC

EX 42BBDC 2 ATDC

Lobe Lift .350 .350

Lobe Sep. 110*

so with 1.65 rockers I will be at 577.5 lift ...
ported GN1 heads, hemco, 85lb injectors, 3400 NLU , built 2004r trans undecided on turbo ..

It is not a solid roller but hydraulic made by comp cam quite a few years a go and Mr.Dan Strezo was the only one that can decipher the numbers on the cam it self. I believe that this cam will not produce enough vacuum for my current vacuum master cylinder and I might have to switch to the original powermaster or hydroboost..Not a problem "fasblackracing" thanks on your reply ..

That cam will suck big time if you install it as you posted above and suck even more with high drive pressure on a low CR engine. I wouldn't install it with less than 170 seat with 1.65 rockers either and rpm will be limited. I just looked through the catalog and don't see any lobes .350" lift and and duration @.050" listed above. Maybe they are actual as measured in block specs and the cam was ground with some other lobe master than a "T". Usually the lobe flattens and you gain duration and overlap at low lift and lose it at higher lifts. If you want to know what you have you can analyze it as installed in the block with a degree wheel. If you want vacuum run a cam that has -12 or less overlap at .050".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That cam will suck big time if you install it as you posted above and suck even more with high drive pressure on a low CR engine. I wouldn't install it with less than 170 seat with 1.65 rockers either and rpm will be limited. I just looked through the catalog and don't see any lobes .350" lift and and duration @.050" listed above. Maybe they are actual as measured in block specs and the cam was ground with some other lobe master than a "T". Usually the lobe flattens and you gain duration and overlap at low lift and lose it at higher lifts. If you want to know what you have you can analyze it as installed in the block with a degree wheel. If you want vacuum run a cam that has -12 or less overlap at .050".

It is not a solid roller but hydraulic made by comp cam quite a few years a go and Mr.Dan Strezo was the only one that can decipher the numbers on the cam it self. I believe that this cam will not produce enough vacuum for my current vacuum master cylinder and I might have to switch to the original powermaster or hydroboost..Not a problem "fasblackracing" thanks on your reply ..
Looks like comp hi energy solid street roller to me.. . 1496 268HER-2 224 141 .3500 .068 .056 .525 .560 .595

Looks like comp hi energy solid street roller to me.. . 1496 268HER-2 224 141 .3500 .068 .056 .525 .560 .595
It may be but if it is it will have even more overlap and be even lazier at low lift.

That isn't a turbo friendly grind. More for a N/A application I would suspect. 212/212 , 112 L.S. & 500 lift will get you close.

I have a 224 from RPE with 540 lift. Vacuum is about 13" at idle.
I just ran a personal best of 6.22 @112 today in TAI

Bryan