206 or 212 comp roller cam

All true. I wasn't bashing any of it really.
I just hear alot of stories about folks blowing up when "it" (the plan) doesn't work as planned.
It's not the meth that is the issue, nor the mechanicals.
I do believe it's the 25+ psi that can get you in trouble. ;)
Heck - for the experienced guys with contigency budgets - I've not any issues with that.
(Or a spare motor in the garage helps) Actually - I don't have any issue with any of it.
As you can see fro my screen name - I love meth. :D
I started off just being curious as to the nature of the detonation. (I kinda had my suspicions)
It's more for the guys who have more limited funds, but have big dreams of big boost.
I saw someone lately shooting for close to 30 or more on stock 109.
I was like dood - you're insane. :D

I run 30psi on my stock block; a lot. Just a number.

This is a good time to get Grumpy on the subject. Let me see, more street miles than track miles and I am guessing at over 25 lbs of boost . Annnd Here's Grumpy

This is a good time to get Grumpy on the subject. Let me see, more street miles than track miles and I am guessing at over 25 lbs of boost . Annnd Here's Grumpy
...and hers's where the back stagehand accidently stumbles onto the stage: "..ummm.. Hi".
:D

My stock long block with ported heads is currently dialed in at 35psi of boost with 87octane and meth inj.

Boost is just a number BUT it's a number that you need to respect and sneak up on b/c little issues will pop up that you will have to diagnose before adding even more boost.. For me the fuel psi is paramount in helping maintain the life of this motor so I monitor this with PL and I have an audible knock detector that I listen for religiously. I also want to monitor the alchy pressure but haven't researched what parts I need to do this yet.

ks:D

Last edited: