2012 SS Camaro

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Well...I'm back in business...but I'm in my 68 Camaro (see sig) and not my Grand National...

Out cruising around today and came upon a brand new white SS Camaro with it's dealer plates still on it...

Paced behind the guy for a couple miles going up Lake Forest cuz traffic was too thick for any action. Finally we got out ahead of everyone...
We both coasted through a light that just went green and as I came along side him, he started to accelerate, so...in 2nd gear...I let it rip.
That ZZ502 roared to life and I completely walked him with tires still spinning. Slammed 3rd and left another 50 feet of rubber as I continued to walk away from him. Felt good to dust off the Camaro after so long.

Later he cruised by me and I gave him a thumbs up as he went by. He rev'd his engine so I went nuetral and rev'd back.
We both ended along side each other at another red, and he lets his window down. He's shaking his head and laughing and says, "That thing is IN...SANE!!!!"
I laughed back and told him his SS was pretty nice too.
The light turned green but there was not enough room to run it out...I let him get out ahead a couple lengths and then as I shifted into 2nd, I nailed it again and went blasting aorund him (he was just watching the show) with the tires lit up.

I gotta keep this thing in tact so I can sell it....need the cash to pay some bills and get the new engine for the GN...;)

Congrats Chicken and welcome back, even though it's not the "Chicken Coupe" . Nice kill, great car. I've always been a fan of first gen Camaros. Good luck and get the GN back up and running. All fans of the Kill section are missing your stories.

You should put a link to a build thread or something for the Camaro in your sig...I wanna get a look-see

Go buy that motor miggy is selling in his El Camino.......;)

You should put a link to a build thread or something for the Camaro in your sig...I wanna get a look-see

I'll post up some pix later.
It's a fun car....built it myself.
Tried to get a CTS-V and an M% to tangle with me on the toll road this AM, but they wanted nothin' of it once they heard thAT zz502 ROAR.:cool:

Have you torn the GN motor apart to see what let go?
I just put 295 55 15 MT DR's on mine but haven't gotten a chance to try them much yet.

Not yet...gonna let Lou have the honors of doing the tear down so nothing in the post mortom analysis gets lost.
I'm a few weeks away from getting him to start my build.

Ol' Lou has my TR right now.

I'm having a few minor "upgrades" done.

Nothing spectacular.

It's in for a super Papa Lou check up, a new posi, bigger injectors, some new valve springs and a few other goodies along with a new tune to match all of it.;)

We miss your stories! Welcome back!

And...... Whatever do you mean by " Dangerous"???? :rolleyes:

OH I dunno....mid 10's...no cage....that aint tempting fate at all now is it....o_O

....and lest we forget that it does burnouts in reverse...

OH I dunno....mid 10's...no cage....that aint tempting fate at all now is it....o_O

....and lest we forget that it does burnouts in reverse...

doh!.jpg

Truth be told...once rolling.....the Camaro is every bit the animal the GN is....but with a much louder voice....and it'll corner too.
The problem is launching it...1st gear on street tires is dang near useless in a street fight so I always give up a length or two while I roll into it through first....once I hit 2nd with a bang....the sky opens up....the earth quakes and I can literally watch the victims eye's open wide in his mirror as he watches the Camaro come at him with the tires seeking full traction and the ZZ502 sucking the oxygen from the atmoshpere....
Most victims see me go by them in 2nd...or at least door to door...
Bang 3rd and put down several more feet of posi marks and it's a high speed train on the move now.....
Only had to use 4th gear once....against a Z06 a few years back....we started as soon as I hit 2nd, and I got out in front of him by about 3 lenghts and kept him there until well into 4th gear...then he started to sloooooooowly reel me in, but never reached me before we had to shut it down....I still had 5th gear to tickle out with him, but I'm sure his aero and top end would have prevailed......eventually.....;)
We chatted a little and he said he'd been low 11's and was out trying to set and test his tune when he came across me.

I'm sure it is. I mean after all, it does have more than twice the cubes. :D

I'll respect any car that makes good pwer. It's the guys with 200hp and think they'll run 10's, or won't give credit where credit is due that annoy me.

I love your Camaro Tim.. If I could afford to buy it from you, it would be in my garage. I just need to hit the lottery..

Sell that damn thing and get the GN back together Tim. You know it "just don't feel right" after all.:p