200r4 build question

tuggy24g

I was wondering were is a good place to get a 200r4 tranny that is built at? I own an 86 El Camino with about 550HP and a 402 big block. I do not want to kill the new tranny that is built on day one. So any recommendations would be great! Also this is a street car. I might take it to the track maybe twice if at all.

Thanks

I just ordered one from ckperformance........haven't gottn it yet, but read a lot about his work before the purchase. I will be getting it in my car soon and will let you know how well it works. There is also lonnie at extreme transmission that I have read is really good. I am sure there are others, but give me a week or so and I will tell you how goood ckperformance did. He is going on vacation from the 8th of august till like the 24th, so if you call and get no answer or you get no return call that is why........later

Thanks. I am a little worried since a lot of people told me to just build my turbo 350, but I need the overdrive. I have 4.10 gears and a GN rear in my El Camino. SO that is why I need overdrive and the 200r4 is better in that respect then a 700r4

Any of the transmission venders on this board can build a transmission to support your needs at a good price..For that horsepower level if it was my car I would go with a billet forward drum and heated input shaft with extra clutches through out...etc..hth

Extreme automatics.
Does anyone know anything about them?
Any of the transmission venders on this board can build a transmission to support your needs at a good price..For that horsepower level if it was my car I would go with a billet forward drum and heated input shaft with extra clutches through out...etc..hth
I would assume they would upgrade that if I bought a built one.

Another vote for Extreme Automatics. Lonnie is great to deal with.

Bryan