200R4 2 wire lockup

kw1162

Hey all,
Hopefully I'm not being too redundant here. Just added what looks like a 1989 or 1990 200R4 to my 70 El Camino. I had it dyno tested at CPT in Huntington Beach (Great bunch of guys by the way). They told me the trans. was from a turbo car. The lockup connector has only 2 wires going to it. I want to put a simple on/off switch to the connector. All of the diagrams I have been able to find have 3 wires. Would it work to just put a fused 12 volts to one of the wires and a ground to the other? Or does the presence of only 2 wires indicate that the lockup is internally grounded? I only want it to lock up on the freeway when I push a button that will light up when engaged. Also, I posted my swap here for anybody who may be interested. Thanks in advance.

You can also use a th400 single wire case connector and run 12 volts thru a toggle switch to it and from the inside of the connector go to solenoid positive and ground the solenoid wire to the vbody.Then you can toggle power on and lock anytime in 2/3 and 4.I prefer to use a n o switch in the 4th port and let it ground the solenoid only in fourth.

4th gear pressure switch should supply ground to Pin D when activated. [/QUOTE said:
The third and fourth gear switches are normally closed. When third and fourth gears come on their respective switches open. Pin B would lose ground when fourth gear comes on.