2009 Southern Buick Shootout Reynolds, GA

reynolds

My son and I made it here around 3:00. Several were already here and are still rolling in... Perfect weather!!!
Typing on cell phones Sucks...

Firewood

I'm planning to come Saturday and maybe Sunday. If I can get my old C10 fired up I'll bring the firewood I have left over since I have Gas logs now. If anyone wants/needs it. Let me know & I'll load you can unload. :biggrin:
Todd

Did anyone get any video of my white Mustang Cobra from Saturday? I'd love to see them.

Scot W. did the video for the event, so it is possible he might have filmed your runs.
There will be a DVD coming out soon that can be purchased. It is currently being edited and prepared by Nelson Febus of Febus Films.

Holly Hartline

Sounds like one hell of an event. Hate I missed it. Fast cars, new class records, great weather and the great payouts for the racers. Great job to the Hartlines and Clint and any one else who contributed to getting this event done.

We are still working some of the classes out for the race at this point. Nothing much is new other that there will be some registration sheets at BG in a few weeks. Only thing new is this crappy flyer that I have :cool:

buick.gif

Hey this would make a great t-shirt for the reynolds event..something
on both sides of shirt to help support the event..possibly something
to have for next year event..I will be there...

Race Results Please

I have some great pics especially of TSM close race... what were race results for all racing....

2009 TSM FINAL Don Cruz vs Toni C
very close, but won by reaction time

Don 9.86 at 134 mph
Toni 9.84 at 135 mph

Attachments

• TSM_Final.Reynolds09_Don.Cruz_vs_Toni.jpg
    TSM_Final.Reynolds09_Don.Cruz_vs_Toni.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 320
Not sure ,but I think the times where lower then that.

Don did tree Toni ,a Holeshot win, don't have the exact #'s.

BUT MAN IT WAS CLOSE!!!!!

JD

another great pic

sun view bounces off the windshield of JW, both cars -- front wheels off the ground...

Attachments

• Reynolds_2009.jpg
    Reynolds_2009.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 473
That's me against Don in the semi's in the first pic and Jason and Toni in the second pic.

Thanks for the great pics Brett, you always come through with some great shots!!!!

Not sure ,but I think the times where lower then that.

Don did tree Toni ,a Holeshot win, don't have the exact #'s.

BUT MAN IT WAS CLOSE!!!!!

JD

.0526 margin of victory. Can't find the time slip but both car were in the mid 9's. Don brought a beast of an engine to this event.

Not sure what happened to Toni's killer Pine tree cutting down reation times. Something got her head out of the game. It may have been something I said before the race, maybe Don said something to her. I dont know, but she is beating herself up real bad about it. I still love her though.
That girl can drive;)

.0526 margin of victory. Can't find the time slip but both car were in the mid 9's. Don brought a beast of an engine to this event.

Not sure what happened to Toni's killer Pine tree cutting down reation times. Something got her head out of the game. It may have been something I said before the race, maybe Don said something to her. I dont know, but she is beating herself up real bad about it. I still love her though.
That girl can drive;)

What you tryin to say Willis? :p:p

Tell Toni not to beat herself up, Tell her to beat YOU up !!!! :D:D

That girl sure can drive!!!

It was nice to see 70 Buicks racing at this event and an overall of 90 racers on saturday! You talk about a GREAT turn out for a Buick event!!!

SW.

It was nice to see 70 Buicks racing at this event and an overall of 90 racers on saturday! You talk about a GREAT turn out for a Buick event!!!

Oh yeah! Not to mention over $5000 in payouts!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Holly is already contacting vendors for next years event. I am pretty confident that we are going to add a couple more classes and increase the payouts even more!

That girl can drive;)

She is one hell of a driver!! She wasn't skeered of noone... Hats off to you Toni. We will see great things from her and her family in 2010

Thanks Brett!! This is his 3rd year at Reynolds with his dragster. Three more years and he'll be driving a TR :biggrin: I want to thank you for taking all those picture and for driving all the way down from Maine :eek: