2004 Suburban LT 4x4 8.1 Great Tow Vehicle

JimBlackGN

Here is a 2004 Chevrolet Suburban LT Autoride 4x4 with 8.1 liter (496 cu in) engine with 4.10 locker gears for sale!

It is an excellent 38,200 miles Suburban from Pheonix, AZ (have a copy of Arizona title). The previous 67 years old owner never towed anything with this Suburban! It is a loaded truck except moonroof. Leather heated seats, adjustable gas/brake pedals, computer information center, climate control front and rear a/c and heating, electric folding exterior mirrors, and more!

As soon as I bought this Suburban, I took the OEM tires out and replaced with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires. It has only 4,500 miles on those tires! It has been always garage kept and cleaned. The factory stickers are still on the frame underneath! The Suburban drives perfect and straight, transmission shifts flawless and smooth. I even have the service records from the previous owner.

I purchased this Suburban last year to tow our 31 ft travel trailer last year. Up to the date, we only towed the trailer for 625 miles. That is it. Suburban is still basically fresh and growling for more towing! Instead of watching my Suburban's value depreciates, so it is better off to be used by someone who will appreciate near-new Suburban and use to tow the trailer more often.

It would be perfect timing to tow your treasure GN in an enclosed trailer going to the GS Nationals next month!!

Sale price: $24,000 OBO.

Please click below to view the pictures that are listed in the Craigslist.

2004 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 LT 8.1

New price. $23,500. This Suburban is well documented and you will be very appreciative when you see it physically.

Reduced again... $23,000. You can't find a nicer Suburban 8.1 than this one. BTW, am I advertising it in the wrong forum or am I asking too much? Most of dealers are selling similar Suburbans for $25,000 or more. I sold my 87 GN through this forum and see my feedback through VegasSE. Also, I would upload the pictures, but this post doesn't permit me to do so.

What kind of mileage does that thing get on the highway, towing and normally?

About 11 mpg city and 14 mpg hwy. If you put an egg under the pedal, you may be lucky to get 15-16mpg hwy. When towing our 30ft travel trailer (about 6,000+ lbs), it gets about 8-9 mpg depending how fast you go. The faster you go, the mpg decreases. Yes, it tows like a breeze and very stability thanks to "autoride" option which is mandatory for all Suburban 8.1's.
That is why I feel that it is better for someone who would tow more frequently to make it worth for a 8.1 engine.

You can't find a nicer Suburban 8.1 than this one. BTW, am I advertising it in the wrong forum or am I asking too much?

Beatiful truck, one of the nicest I've seen. It's just that NOBODY is buying trucks with the ridiculous gas prices these days. Spent $82.00 filling my tank on my Expedition. Now I cant eat for 3 days, cant afford it!!

Beatiful truck, one of the nicest I've seen. It's just that NOBODY is buying trucks with the ridiculous gas prices these days. Spent $82.00 filling my tank on my Expedition. Now I cant eat for 3 days, cant afford it!!

Yes, I agree with you about the high gas prices, but this Suburban 8.1 is specifically designed for towing most of the times. I have seen plenty of "soccer moms" driving the Suburbans w/ 5.3 or Tahoes that use so much of gas and don't even use it for towing. My suburban is a tow vehicle than just a "soccer mom" SUV. So, these people who has trailers or car haulers will need a tow vehicle and this is the one regardless of gas prices. That is why I posted in this Buick forum because there are many owners have car haulers or enclosed trailers for their GNs. Not many Suburban 8.1s out there.

I love these trucks and if I didn't have my current '05 Suburban, I'd grab it. The 8.1s are rare and hard to find. FWIW, when I "tweaked" my '05 Suburban with a Superchips tuner set to the 87 octane tune and Corsa cat back, I get 13-14 consistently around town and 17 easily on straight highway doing 75+. Granted, mine is a 5.3 w/3.42 gears, but the baseline mpg was 11.5/15. Thanks to CT gas prices, it cost me $104 to fill up on Monday....