2004 cobra

I've beat 3 on the street and lost to 2. Funny enough the two i lost to were leaving the track while i was in full race tune (11.60s at 114.5-115 at the time) and both were guys i had talked to and loved my car. Both times i would jump out a bit from a 40 roll and by 95 or so they would be inchin by pretty good. Oh well those cars are absolute beast.

They are pretty fast around the Houston area. Most guys are running low 11's. Friend dyno'd 477 w/o too many mods. 1.61 60ft.

There was one at my track 04 im sure nice guy

he had done the following
1 pulley
2 exhuast
3 filter
4 tires
5 half shafts
6 clutch
7 nos (i left before he use it
other things as well
8 ported stock charger???? thats what he said
he ran a best of 12.1xx@xxx
his car kept braking something in the axle
pretty impressive for not having valve covers off but..... My GN for now is faster

Johnny

Id love to run one on the street an open street that is

Originally posted by stroked347
"Factory 2003 cobra long block (only modifications are ARP head studs and Felpro Head gaskets)"

check it out guys!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4503505897&category=6236

I'm not surprised at how much it could handle because I bought a built SOHC shortblock with the same internals and it was rated for 900-1000 hp. It cost me $3200 for the shortblock & the heads were $1500 more.
That engine is alot stronger than most factory engines you are going to buy. It is definitely stronger than any engine in a car costing double the price.

That black Cobra is pretty damn sweet. I got smoked on the hiway by a white 03 Cobra. I know it had a cat back and a K&N, maybe more, I dont know. I knew the guy though and it was not pretty.

Originally posted by Marc87GN
I would say it was either a regular 99-01 Cobra or you are FOS. Take your pick. Some of the guys on these boards should have been fiction writers.

Even with a crappy driver, the muscle doesn't go away when traction is not an issue, the manual is geared better, & I doubt you are trapping over 110-112+ mph which is what it would take to pull a stock one pretty good as you mentioned.

Maybe my car is different than most stock turbo'd GN's dick. As for it being an 03, I know what I saw and I know how they sound dip sh!t so before you even attack me for being FOS maybe you should consider that some of us understand how to make a buick fast. My brother, who was in his 86 ttype was directly behind us when this happened, so if you PM bttwracing86t you can ask him directly.

Well while I agree the new Cobras are quick as hell. I'll still keep the GN. The main reason I do not see them all the time or even worse there look-a-like clones. Better yet lets see what the value of them are in say 15-20 years from now. ;)

I think the 03-04 Cobras will hold thier vailue fairly well as they are limited production+high hp.

JMO.

Originally posted by V8'sHAHA
Maybe my car is different than most stock turbo'd GN's dick. As for it being an 03, I know what I saw and I know how they sound dip sh!t so before you even attack me for being FOS maybe you should consider that some of us understand how to make a buick fast. My brother, who was in his 86 ttype was directly behind us when this happened, so if you PM bttwracing86t you can ask him directly.

LOL. Golly Marc, I guess he told you!

Originally posted by Bob Cosby

Children, what can we do.:D

Anyway, the most important thing to me is far from what some people say on a board, but my 10 month old son thats sleeping on me while I'm typing.

Bob, I will be in your neck of the woods on Turkey day. My parents moved to VA Beach around August, off of Independence & just past VA Beach Blvd.

Okay dude, then explain this to me. What do I have to gain for lieing about something like this? All i did was state that I spanked one from a 30 mph roll and I even said that his was stock or atleast thats what the driver of the cobra told me. Sooo why is it completely unbelievable that my GN with a few bolt ons could beat a stock 03 cobra? Heres some more food for thought.

vsviper2

vsviper4

index.php

Now he was on some sort of drag radial, So traction wasn't an issue. So maybe I made this one up too. :rolleyes:

I've only raced one and it was from a 35-100 mph run...I had about 3-4 cars on him at 100 mph when I shut her down...he was starting to catch up:eek:

I'm not putting down the Cobra's by any means but If this guy's got his stuff together like he appears to, I have no reason to doubt he didn't beat a stock Cobra.

My 87-t went 12.26 on 20psi with a bad maf and street chip.

Just because there are alot of lightly modded Buicks struggling to get into the 12's doesn't mean they all are 13 sec cars.

I already know a Cobra with a couple of mods will whup up on a Buick with a couple of mods so don't waste your time saying it ok.

Okay dude, then explain this to me. What do I have to gain for lieing about something like this?
You know, I re-read my post, and nowhere in it could I find where I said you lied. Perhaps you can quote me for reference?

All i did was state that I spanked one from a 30 mph roll and I even said that his was stock or atleast thats what the driver of the cobra told me.
Ok.

Sooo why is it completely unbelievable that my GN with a few bolt ons could beat a stock 03 cobra?
I wouldn't say it is "completely unbelieveable". On the street, anything can happen. However, if you're only running 84 mph in the 1/8th (per the timeslip you posted), you won't beat too many 03/04 Cobras from a 30 mph roll, so I wouldn't get too excited about it. That's just me though.

Heres some more food for thought.

vsviper2

vsviper4

index.php
Wow. And? You beat a Viper that ran a horrendous ET (for a Viper - the equivalent of a high 12 @ ~112 mph). Congratulations.

Now he was on some sort of drag radial, So traction wasn't an issue. So maybe I made this one up too. :rolleyes: [/B]
See above.

Marc....shoot me a PM if you want to try and hook up that weekend. I'll be off Thur-Sun, and I believe we're staying in town.

Wow. And? You beat a Viper that ran a horrendous ET (for a Viper - the equivalent of a high 12 @ ~112 mph). Congratulations.

Bob, you are losing it.

7.77 in the 1/8th is a high 12?

Since when?

99% of stock Vipers (with a "Viper Driver") couldn't run a 7.77 in the 1/8 mile if it was shot out of a cannon.

If you are going to berate someone, at least use some facts to do it.

UNGN- the 7.77 was at the 594 mark. He ended up running 8.27. Since then the car has been faster and seen 11's in the 1320. Also since this race I've added 10 inch slicks and took off the front sway bar and have ran the times below. And I've tried street tire times and gotten a low 8's.

Bob- You agreeing with marc is where you imply that I was making up some BS.

Bob- You agreeing with marc is where you imply that I was making up some BS.
I didn't agree with Marc. My comment was solely in response to how you presented your post, such as:

"...stock turbo'd GN's dick."

"...they sound dip sh!t"

I'm quite aware of what GN's are capable of.

Originally posted by UNGN
Bob, you are losing it.

7.77 in the 1/8th is a high 12?

Since when?

99% of stock Vipers (with a "Viper Driver") couldn't run a 7.77 in the 1/8 mile if it was shot out of a cannon.

If you are going to berate someone, at least use some facts to do it.

UNGN....see comments made by V8's HAHA above. The Viper went 8.29 @ 86 mph - likely a 12.8, perhaps 12.7. The 7.77 was a 594 ft time.

If I may, I think I did have my facts correct.