2001 Olds Help/Reccomendations!?

wish98was87

Hey guys,

I am in need of a new DD and am looking at a 2001 Olds Aurora that is near me. It has 46,000 on the clock and seems to have been garaged and taken care of. It has the 3.5 L v6. Do any of you guys have any experience with this car or engine? I dont know anything about the reliability of the 3.5. He is asking 4k for it. I need something thats reliable (atleast in regards to powertrain) since I drive a lot of miles. Will this thing go 100k or more? Any input would be great! thanks guys.

-Rich

Maybe a little help

I recently bought an 06 Saturn Relay (van) @ the local auction. It has 120K on it but appeared to be well cared for. I was concerned about the 3.5 eng. and the miles. I talked to a friend who works @ GM dealership before bidding to get a report if any common problems with the 3.5 eng. He said no problems with the eng. Since purchasing I have made several trips and am very pleased with the purchase. Eng. is quite--plenty power and no oil useage.

thats the same 3.5 in this I guess? well if it will last me to 120k that would be great without major issues. Anyone else have any experience or background on the 3.5? Is it derived from another engine

I have a 2001 Aurora with the 4.0. A co-worker had a 3.5 and loved it. Had trans issues at around 100K. Other than that it was great to him.

I really like my Aurora. Had it since 2003. Purchased it used with 26,000 on it. I can say it rides great, has a heavy car feel during cruise but handles well at speed. It's a tad bit soggy off the line compared to the 3.5, 3.8 and supercharged 3800, but has good power in the upper RPM. The 3.5 reminded me of the 3800 in high RPM but not a crisp off the line. It rode the same as my 4.0. The only complaint was the trans did the same thing his did but the warranty company took care of that.:cool: and dash lights blow bulbs that require you to replace the component and that means big bucks if you are that picky over minor thing like that. Never left me stranded(knock on wood) and is good popping the engine light way before it has a major problem. Old Pic... It has the factory chromes on it now. Can you tell me more about the car?

Does it have:
the Bose system
Onstar Heated Seats
Traction Control Button
Rain sensing wipers(SP:redface:)
Chrome Wheels
Dual Zone climate
Moonroof

Attachments

• Copy (2) of DSCF0120.jpg
    Copy (2) of DSCF0120.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 46
I have an 1996 OLDS but it has a 3.8.... All I can say is the car is TOUGH AS NAILS! Takes a lickin & keeps on ticking.

I have done virtually Zippo to this car which I got at 30k miles 9 years ago & now has 157k.