2000 buick lesabre Perfomance Questions

twisterdude1009

I was wondering what I could do to make my buick faster? I want to know what bolt ons I can get as well as good headers and exhaust system.I dont plan on buying a junked Bonneville so should I go to autozone and by the suspension parts for a Bonneville ssei? Also What is a good shift kit to put on the tranny or is that all done thru the ecm? I have had no luck finding a exhaust So should I buy the UNV Flowmaster dual exhaust(http://www.mackauto.com/158_page_1206423.htm) and get 2 magnaflow cat converters(I want this as a daily driver)(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-4...ick|Model:LeSabre&hash=item3a75b985de&vxp=mtr) Because I want a true dual exhaust. What are some good headers for it? Also this is the supercharger im planning on getting http://www.buyautoparts.com/addtocart/2000_Buick/LeSabre/Supercharger/40-10006.html
Also what type of shift kit and AM tranny cooler? Links to items would be appreciated!
Ty guys
Untitled.jpg

you need to get on some 3800 specific forums and do some studying , then some posting asking questions. for starters that supercharger you linked , you can buy a used m90 for around $100 plus shipping , I have sold dozens of them over the years. the supercharger doesnt just bolt on your non sc engine ,it would need a "top swap" which replaces everything from the cylinder heads upward , heads ,lower intake manifold , supercharger , throttle body , injectors , crank hub/balancer to run 2 belts ( 1 belt runs sc) idler pulleys , coils ( sc are stronger than non sc) , the list goes on and on , I have sold many top swaps over the years , your looking at around $500 shipped , then you will need to cover tuning and incidentals - want a shocker your better off not doing a top swap and buying a whole donor engine or engine & transaxle because by the time you buy all the gaskets(head, intake ,sc , tb) and all the torque to yeild head bolts your top swap will cost more than a used sc engine which is more durable due to the sc pistons which are coated to resist detonation and are thicker above the rings to resist chipping the ringlands which is very common on top swapped engines unless the tune is spot on. Either way you will need someone to tune it properly. transmission wise the sc carsgot the HD differential , you can get away without it if you dont beat it hard and dont hook it up.

good headers as in quality would be used SLP's or TOG'S , decent quality that can be found new would be SSAC's - lots of people using these now.

try posting what your budget and goals are over on www.regalgs.org there are a lot of knowledgeable SC Buick people there that can help you form a plan

it wont let me reg its asking me what color do you get when you mix yellow with blue and I said purple and its saying im incorrect. Im planning on dropping around 8k-12k I want to get about 400-500 whp on my buick over the next year

Do yourself a favor, find a rotted or recked SSeI and swap out everything. I have a friend that did a 3800 s/c swap in a Fiero and he piecemealed it. Ended up costing thousands extra b/c he needed all kinds of stuff he didn't have. If you have a complete donor you are way head of the game. Pay attention to murphinator, he's know's his shit.

I think your crazy for wanting to dump 8-12k of mods in a 3800 car but it is a free country so go for it and please post pics!! it will be a great sleeper.

I love them for budget/bang for the buck dont get me wrong , but I have some ls1 cars that make more sense to mod before you spend that type of dough on a 3800 car , heck 12k will get you a 10 or 11 sec f body if your a smart shopper ... but if your going to do it big like your talking skip sc and go straight to turbo , look at ZZP's kits on their site , maybe a Stattama setup with your budget and plan on 3-4 k in trans if you want it to survive long term with 400-500 whp , try triple edge performance (owner is a member here and builds strong 4t65e's) or look up Tim King that used to be with Intense racing he does trannys under his own name now.

I've met plenty of guys making very good power in there 3800's and I know it didn't cost them no 8k-12k. Just start with the right foundation the parts are available and there is good support on parts. Like Murph said you will have some dough in the trans to hold the power . Go turbo and get a good tune and turn it up. You don't need a ls to make great power .