2-step for stock ignition systems

Very cool eric! sent you a email also.... (coming from ttypewe4jim at comcast.net)

forgot to order a switch :(

got mine today!!! SWEET!! may install it sunday!! and eric i'll be calling you to order a new chip with no rev limit and a switch!! can't wait to try it out!!!

If I connect an msd 7al box with a distributor to a stock ecm will this work? Or will the built in 2 step work? kind of an advanced question.

Got mine in on Friday from Full Throttle.

Thanks Marianne for getting me in on the first set to be produced. Too bad I broke two pistons two days before :(

If I connect an msd 7al box with a distributor to a stock ecm will this work? Or will the built in 2 step work? kind of an advanced question.

need to know the rest of the installation details.

Bob

I will be modifying the cam sensor to fit inside the distributor and joining all the coil (-)signal wires from the module together to feed the white wire or points trigger in the msd box. Sorry to hi-jack this thread.

Has anyone installed one of the production units yet? Not prototypes. If so, have you had any trouble with the car not starting after install?

drop me a PM with your phone number.

Some of the power harnesses appear to be pinned incorrectly.

Bob

I have yet to isntall mine yet.. but it should be here today. I have read the install manual though, are you sure you did not reverse the EST splice wires?

*edit*

disregard I see Bob posted at the same time I was :D

the power harness should look like this:

Attachments

• PowerHarness small.jpg
    PowerHarness small.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 521
Thanks for the picture. Our power harnesses ARE wired backwards on the big end. So, I'm sure that's the problem with the unit not powering up.
Also, I would like to just change the location of the wires in the harness plug. Do you need a special tool to do that? How exactly is that done?

Dan Meador

I'll bet you could get a pick and push it out...RadioShack used to have a blunt tool that would push those out too.

The pins are held in with 2 small barbs.

The fancy tool for doing this is not going to be in your toolbox, but a big safety pin should do it. If you look in the end of the connector (opposite where the wire enters) you will be able to see down into the cavity and see the barbs. Just bend the barbs with the point of the safety pin and this should release the terminal. Then bend the barbs back out before re-inserting into the correct location.

Or you can send the harnesses to me and I will fix them up for you.

Sorry for the troubles.

Bob

Bob,
Thanks for the picture. Our power wire harness is wired up backwards. I'm sure that's the reason the unit would not power up.
I would like to change the wires in the plug to the correct position, do you need a special tool to do that? How is that done exactly?

Thanks, Dan