2-step for stock ignition systems

I believe I was around 8-10psi but I wasn't paying real close attention. That was on E85, 120lb injectors, PT72 turbo.
Did you have the gas pedal to the floor??? I have the MSD DIS-4 and if I put the pedal to the floor with the two step activated the motor pops (backfires).
So I can't go more than 3/4 pedal. It would sure be nice to be able to floor it with the two step activated without popping!

Did you have the gas pedal to the floor??? I have the MSD DIS-4 and if I put the pedal to the floor with the two step activated the motor pops (backfires).
So I can't go more than 3/4 pedal. It would sure be nice to be able to floor it with the two step activated without popping!

I believe the backfiring is in the headers and spools the turbo lickity-split. :cool:

Look how alot of big turbo cars stage on the line... lots of popping/backfiring and instant spool. That's how they build boost with no load on the motor. :cool:

I could be completely wrong though... but that's my take on it. :wink:

Here's a buddy of mine as a perfect example... (Rt lane)
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=andy+jensen&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701&vid=000199556000

The popping is somewhat dependent on the engine, tuning, and exhaust+turbo.

When you skip-fire the engine, the fuel+air is pumped thru to the exhaust.

If the turbine housing is really hot, and or the timing is retarded a bit then the mixture will pop.

We Buick guys are not accustomed to the sound coming from our luxury cars..... ;)

This unit does not pop very much, its really quite smooth. If you want it to pop, run it with a lot of timing retard!!

Bob

Update!!

Ok, here are the numbers you have all been waiting for.

I have tried to keep the cost as low as possible for you guys. I think we did ok.

The units will be available around March 15 (if everything goes according to plan)

The vendors that will be carrying it for the Buick guys will be TurboTweak and Full Throttle Speed.

The price will be 229.00

Thanks to all you guys for the input!

Bob Bailey

sounds great bob. can we start a pre order to make sure we get one?

Surely,

Contact your favorite supplier of Buick goodies from the extensive list posted above.....

Bob

:)

The popping is somewhat dependent on the engine, tuning, and exhaust+turbo.
When you skip-fire the engine, the fuel+air is pumped thru to the exhaust.
If the turbine housing is really hot, and or the timing is retarded a bit then the mixture will pop.
We Buick guys are not accustomed to the sound coming from our luxury cars..... ;)
This unit does not pop very much, its really quite smooth. If you want it to pop, run it with a lot of timing retard!!
Bob
O.K. That makes sense.....Thanks!

Surely,

Contact your favorite supplier of Buick goodies from the extensive list posted above.....

Bob

:)
Will the price change if one does not pre-order? Is this a discounted rate? I have pre-ordered items in the past to get them 6 months after they were supposed to come out.

If the price is cheaper then maybe I will roll the dice. Otherwise, probably not. Or, if there will be availability issues then maybe I will pre-order. Can you clarify this Bob?