2-3 shift and FP

Paul Clark

This will probably sound ridiculous, but -
A year ago while trying out a new tranny, I was experiencing difficulty at WOT with the 2-3 shift. The car fell down and just didn't want to do that. It hit a certain rpm and just stayed there in 2nd.
I swear I did "something" probably involving the FP (memory is gone) that made everything okay.
Now I'm chasing knock, and after leaning out the Translator to fix low BLMs, I had the same thing happening today with the 2-3 shift.
Is there any possible way that the tune (mainly FP) can effect the 2-3 shift, or am I hallucinating again?
I still think this car is haunted by the ghost of a dead Mustang or something.
Thanks

Paul,
If the car does not make the hp to pull up to the shift rpm, it will "dog" the car down, and wont carry it into the shift. Basically, you are not making the hp with lower boost, and timing retarded to make it shift.
Get the tuning sorted out, and it will come back. This would be kind of like not having upgraded valvesprings, it will pull up to where it can, and then just lay down.
Brian Hofer

Many thanks, Brian - but I'm (easily) confused.
16+ lbs. of boost and that's still not enough for the shift?
Or because of knock, the timing is being retarded so I don't get the necessary HP?
Think I should go up or down with the FP (43)?
Same question with the boost using a HD wastegate, now backed off as far as it will go.
Ain't it fun?
I'll play some more tomorrow.
Thanks again.