1998 Jimmy Seats/Console

UR50SLO

The Reaper
Hey guys wanted to let you know that this isn't a direct "bolt in" swap but the results are worth the effort.
I've always thought the center console in the GN's & T's were awful. Wimpy shifter no place to put your elbow or rest your hand AND NO DAMN CUP HOLDERS!
My wife drives a 98 GMC Jimmy and the seats are comfortable,two cup holders that'll hold a monster slurpy and a very solid shifter.
So... I did some rough measurment and it seemed to be good.

I purchased the shifter,console,two full power seats with lumbar and all that stuff for under 400.00 at the local bone yard.
The rear tunnel of the console needed to be more arched and required some grinding... Shifter is a two peice unit which I welded the base and then bolted the shifter to it. Looks and feels AWSOME.
Seats are able to use the Jimmy brackets with cutting and welding to fit the GN floor braceing.
Your arm is resting comfortably on the center console while your hand is sitting right on the shifter. ;)
I'll get all the seats recoverd to match and it's all set...
I can send pic's if anyone is interested in doing somthing similar.
86 T-Type Midnight Blue Met.

Ps.. Blazers did not come with shifter on floor ... only GMC Jimmy.
~Scott

You can find the floor shifts and consoles in all 97-01 Jimmy's,Blazers and Bravadas and in 02-05 old body style Blazer and Jimmy. This was not a GMC only option. Look in the more option loaded Bravada and the Blazer with the TrailBlazer trim along with the Jimmy with the Envoy/Jimmy Diamond Edition trim.

I thought the Bravada had the simailar console not sure about the cup holders like in the GMC Jimmy...
I have checked ALOT of blazers for the same console but never came up with anything. If you know the part numbers for people that might help them.
Thanks,
Scott~

GM doesn't make a console assembly. It is serviced by individual pieces which loosely translates to a lot of money as compared to finding a complete assmebly from a wreck. If someone needs a parts list PM me and I'll work one together.

I think I sent everyone the pictures that wanted them.

If your interested I can take the drivers seat out and get pic's of how I welded up the stock Jimmy seat brackets to fit the GN floor bracing.
If anyone that I sent pic's to can post them here that'd be grrrreat. :smile:

Thanks,
Scott~

I sent you the pic's... Thanks for posting them for me....

I knowest your doing a GN drive train in a Mustang...

We've got one that's going to be finished up here in the next few months.

I've got pic's of all that too... Maby it'd help ...

~Scott

Pics for those interested.

86T-Typeint3.jpg

86T-Typeint1.jpg

86T-Typeint2.jpg

Thanks for putting them up there for me.
I'll have more pictures of the car and the interior when it comes back from JAX Seat covers in April.

I can't wait to take it up there and have them finish the interior. Trunk,headlinger ect... I'll have everything else done and at their door april 3d.

:) Thanks agian,

Scott~

Got the final pictures of the bottom brackets and pass. side seat in the car and shots of how I did the battery in the trunk.

e-mail me for the pic's I'll send them to you...

~Scott

Thank you!!!

If anyone would like closer or more specific pictures Please e-mail me...

Hope this helps people who want to change the interior of their GN..

~Scott

UR50SLO@aol.com